[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question for you /lit how can i get into fiction, my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1441584167513.jpg (47KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441584167513.jpg
47KB, 540x720px
I have a question for you /lit how can i get into fiction, my problem is i can't imagine images in my head at all nor can i think in any voice that isn't my own or just a slightly changed version of it, only in the last year did i realize other people actually can imagine things ( sounds dumb but no one ever mentioned it and i assumed everything was just thinking about the concept of a thing like i do ) but yeah how can i get into literature without being able to imagine?

TL;DR i can't imagine how do i make books fun

pic unrelated
>>
>>9734784

How close can you get to the image of a red windmill in your mind if you really focus on it?

What are you doing if you think about a photograph you saw the other day?
>>
>>9734805
nothing i've never seen an imagine in my head , i remember descriptors of thing so the easiest way to put it is if your memories are a play while yours are the performance mine is the script ( comes in handy now and then i remember details well because of it )
>>
>>9734810

That's very interesting. Do you think something overly descriptive would work for you, like Tolkien banging on about every kind of flower the lads pass on the way? Or something epistolary maybe, Read "Autobiography of Red" a straight beam from God just told me you'll love it.

Are you on the spectrum? I feel like it would be hard to relate to people being like that.
>>
>>9734846
As a kid i just read non fiction cause i just thought fiction was boring so i thought if im going to be bored may as well learn.

No i've been tested but if im honest until last year i never noticed, i had wondered if other people could imagine just from art classes where they said close your eyes and draw what you see and i'd get sent out for drawing nothing.

I can recall memories very quickly and easily it's just no image, i seem to have better recollection and memory skills than average i have noticed small things like instead of when i think of a tulip do i see a tulip it just makes me think of information i know about tulips
>>
>pics or it didn't happen
>>
My problem is that I always think in actors' voices for characters.
>>
I can never imagine anything novel. I mix and remix IRL images and I employ them to construct the fictional world.
>>
>>9734937
Sounds pretty interesting, you can't create your own images as in things you've not seen?
>>
File: 7dfa5a4c53eaa7d98593.jpg (21KB, 236x243px) Image search: [Google]
7dfa5a4c53eaa7d98593.jpg
21KB, 236x243px
>>9734909
What voice are you hearing now?
>>
>>9734950
Standard anonymous 01
>>
>>9734971
welcome to fiction
>>
>>9734974
The problem is that when I find out characters personalities I tend to give them voices that "fit" that personality, mostly from movies.
>>
>>9734784
>how can i get into literature without being able to imagine
shit posting
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.