[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atomised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Atomised.jpg (25KB, 308x475px) Image search: [Google]
Atomised.jpg
25KB, 308x475px
If I am understanding the ending of this book correctly, why was it that the genetically engineered beings who presumably 'wrote' the events in atomised wrote more about the intricate details of the tip of Bruno's penis than the life of Michael's Djerzinski and the intricacies of his science that made them?

Pic unrelated
>>
a lot of men live for the intricate details of their cockheads. maybe most of them
>>
so what was the point of clones again, to eliminate sexual frustration? was Houellebecq serious or joking?
>>
>>9732379
I get that but the story made sense up until the last 2 pages when it was revealed that it was them. It sort of came off as wee bit lazy when you think that the book really did spend more time telling the story of Bruno who is no where near as important to the telling of the history of these Beings as opposed to Michael who essentially created them.
>>
>>9732389
Basically, the beings became sexless, genderless and highly intelligent and lived for pleasure, essentially fulfilling the goals of the sexual revolution but overcame the problem of social atomization. It was in many ways another take on Brave New World. There may have been a few other additions to these Beings but that was what stuck out to me as it was one of the main themes.
>>
>>9732407
Oh yeah, they had their genetic code open so it could be manipulated as was deemed necessary so they could be covered in Meissner corpuscles (the sensitive parts on penis and clitoris, hence Houllebecqs fascination with them) if they so wanted. I guess you could say it was a way to achieve a sense of freedom from the constraints of ones own biology and society.
>>
>>9732379
Damn
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.