[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What book publishers have the best quality spines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: sdfsd.jpg (13KB, 300x178px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsd.jpg
13KB, 300x178px
>>
>>9731696
penguin are the greatest my man
>>
>>9731696

Pushkin or NYBR? I've only read Petersburg once by Pushkin but I was pretty disappointed with the spine, otherwise they do pretty handsome books.
>>
>>9731708
are you being sincere?
I want to love penguin
>>
>>9731712
what are the best NYBR books?
>>
>>9731991
Anything by Stefan Zweig.
>>
>>9731971
The fuck do you think? Penguin are the fucking Chinese of books. How fucking thin are the microcolumns in your cortez? Wow... Just fucking wow. Might want to get a cat scan next time you go to the fucking doctor.
>>
>>9732229
>Penguin are the fucking Chinese of books.
I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. Are you saying they write solely in ideogram?
>>
>>9732229
>the Chinese of books
Huh?
>>
>>9732237
It means the quality is a façade. Just like everything made by Chinese suicidal children, like Apple products. The books are literally printed in China in mass market paperback format. They use the cheapest format, paper, glue, and even the translations are Chinese quality.
>>
>>9732229
>Penguin are the fucking Chinese of books
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9732229
>Penguin are the fucking Chinese of books.
I don't understand?
>>
>>9732273
That's where you're objectively wrong. McDuff's translations are phenomenal.
>>
>>9732273
you're trying too hard bucko. Penguins are great.
>>
>>9732293
/lit/'s own Wiki says to never use Penguin, so to criticise what I say is criticism of this fucking faggot community. That's fine, though because we're r*ddit now, not 4chan. Users here fall for Penguin's 90% budget on gorilla marketing.
>>
>>9732316
>following a meaningless "wiki"
I feel sorry for you
>>
>>9732316
lol
>>
File: 912837918273981273.png (350KB, 710x620px) Image search: [Google]
912837918273981273.png
350KB, 710x620px
>>9732273
>He doesn't like penguin editions
>>
>buy mass-produced paper back
>crack the spine by folding the whole fucking book in half like a fucking ape
>"DUDE...LIKE....THESE BOOKS ARE SHIT!!!"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.