[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Kizuki and Naoko kill themselves? Also why did Tohru

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 61G1WoV2RIL.jpg (98KB, 876x1363px) Image search: [Google]
61G1WoV2RIL.jpg
98KB, 876x1363px
Why did Kizuki and Naoko kill themselves?
Also why did Tohru had sex with Reiko?
What did the ending try to convey?
>>
>>9730358
Cause life's shit
Because Murakami is a pervert. That scene is completely unnecessary
Nothing, the ending sucks
>>
>>9730358
Kizuki was probably just tired of life being a routinary pile of shit; Naoko killed herself because of the same reason, and because she couldn't live with her suffering.

Probably catharsis, to close that chapter of his life, and because why the fuck not.

That, again, life is pure routine. He ends up lost, with this girl he likes/has chemistry with, but probably doesn't love as strongly as he loved his past lover (or at least not in the same vein), just like Naoko. It's a cycle.
>>9730426
Your reading comprehension sucks, anon.
>>
>>9730607
Also, just to add something else, the book is filled with the whole three people dynamic, as shown in that Brit cover.

Kizuki - Naoko - Toru
Naoko - Toru - Midori
And Naoko - Toru - Reiko, to an extent.
>>
>>9730607
So it is implied that he will abandon Midori at some point?
>>
>>9730619
Maybe. Or he might kill himself. It's an open ending, so pick your poison.
>>9730618
Also Toru - Nagasawa - that bitch who killed herself.
>>
Naoko is just someone who couldn't handle life. Same situation as like Sylvia Plath. "It was as natural as rain" or whatever he said.
>>
>>9730626
I might be retarded but isn't he like 50 at the start of the book
>>
>>9730635
I actually forgot about that. I did read this shit like 6 years ago, so yeah.
>>
>>9730635
nah probably 40's. He's explaining it end from start so he's definitely older

>>9730358
You could just look at it at the shallow level and see that their lives never continued after some loss they felt. I guess it depends whether you're reading it from an eastern or western point of view.
>>
what the fuck happened to stormtrooper?
>>
>>9730358
Naoko killed herself because she believed her life to be over. It's the same concept Murakami employs in Kafka on the Shore; a character believes themselves to have been blessed by a "perfect" relationship. Convinced that the universe exacts a karmic tax on their happiness, they kill themselves. tl;dr she died when Kizuki died, plus >>9730630

As for Tohru and Reiko, I think it mirrors Tohru and Naoko. That is, like Naoko sleeping with Kizumi vicariously through Tohru, he's sleeping with her through Reiko. The detail of Tohru being unable to fantasize Midori when he's masturbating makes me think of this "transference", too, as does Nagasawa and his girlfriend's relationship.

It really feels like a pessimistic meditation on love, loss, etc. Didn't really do it for me, personally.

>>9731475
Married a bridge and moved to the Arctic.
>>
I liked the movie better.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.