[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf did i just read. Did not expect that after Junky. What are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: naked lunch.jpg (110KB, 827x1200px) Image search: [Google]
naked lunch.jpg
110KB, 827x1200px
wtf did i just read. Did not expect that after Junky. What are other books have you read that have been wild rides?
>>
>>9730077
Hells Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of an Outlaw Motorcycle Gang
>>
>>9730077
>The Ginger Man by J.P. Donleavy
>Down and out in Paris and London by George Orwell
>The Sun Also Rises by Hemmingway
>The Open Boat by Stephen Crane
>The Arabian Nights
>>
Bumping since a few people recommended I read Naked Lunch and I wanted to see what /lit/ has to say about it.
>>
>>9731717

Obviously if you're looking for a coherent narrative you'll be very disappointed. It's a series of surreal vignettes and either you'll be affected and shocked by it and try to find meaning in it, about how it relates to 20th century addict culture or something, or you'll just get bored and confused and put it down.
>>
>>9731726
So what might I want to read instead to get a similar feel but with a coherent narrative?
>>
>>9732141
Nigger just read Naked Lunch it's 200 pages
>>
>>9731717

Read Burroughs's early letters to Ginsberg for a good understanding of the motivators for Burroughs's writing.
>>
>>9730157
>The Ginger Man by J.P. Donleavy

Oh shit! I just dug this out of a box of old paperbacks - didn't expect to see it mentioned here. I bailed after the first 20 pages but I return to that character so often - something magnetizing about that book. I'll have to return to it.
>>
>>9731717
Do you like imaginative but grungy scenes written deep in the throes of opiate delirium? Do you often entertain homosexual fantasies?

If yes, then you'll love Naked Lunch.

If no, you'll probably hate it.
>>
>>9732400
Well I mean that sounds like a lot of /lit/ users and their posts sometimes so I'll probably given it a shot.
>>
>>9732271
Do you know any good text in which they are collected?
>>
File: 1427633831209.jpg (93KB, 1196x469px) Image search: [Google]
1427633831209.jpg
93KB, 1196x469px
>>
>>9730077
This book intrigued me so much that it's literally the only thing I've ever read that has made me want to delve into the its background

Literally it's just a bunch of ramblings burroughs strung together with the help of ginsberg and kerouac while he was high on fucking heroin

There's no ulterior meaning, there's no hidden message or art, it's just mad fucking rambling hastily pasted together for publication
>>
>>9732271
>dude I love you
>dude I wanna fuck underage mexican kids
>dude I'm addicted to fucking morphine
>dude how good is heroin?
>dude like edit my shitty writings pl0x k thx
>dude jack kerouac told me you wanna fuck me I'm literally flying half way around the world to fuck you
>dude kerouac lied
>dude I live in africa now
>dude publish my shit
>>
>>9730157
about ten years ago my friend had a copy of The Ginger Man show up on his doorstep completely randomly, someone just left it there with no explanation.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.