[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it autism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: L’Étranger_(Camus_novel).jpg (13KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
L’Étranger_(Camus_novel).jpg
13KB, 309x475px
Was it autism?
>>
>>9726317
indeed
>>
no it was the sun
>>
>>9727777
checked
>>
>>9727785
Shoulda checked the weather before going to the beach, my man.
>>
>>9726317
I unironically think it was. He's an emotionless robot who doesn't understand the reactions of the people around him and is incapable of getting in touch with an inner sense of decency
>>
learned autism is as different from congenital autism as an enlightened monk's childlike softness is to an actual adolescent
>>
>>9726317
It was green square-tier sophistry

So yes
>>
>>9727811
Hey, autism isn't emotionless. He wasn't paying attention to the reaction of people around him until he was in the prison at the end when he felt lonely. The main point for most of the story was to have you marveling at how dissociated he was with life, he wasn't focusing on the things we would normally focus on. That's most like schizophrenia, which can manifest as violence as well.
I think the bigger issue was that he was a french libertine, his lack of conservative values and not being a part of a defined group with no job made him lose touch with reality.
Camus could indulge in a stupid 'philosophy' like absurdism because he was employed as an author. If he had a real job he would understand that most people would be fine if their realities were a little better, not because they can adopt some disassociated view of the world that lets them not even worry about shooting passing arabs or not because the sun is hot.
>>
>implying he wasn't just being a bro and taking revenge for the slight to his friend
>>
>>9726317
Which is better? Notes from Underground or L'Etranger?
>>
>>9727777

sunchecked
>>
>>9729948
Despite both protagonists being 'outsiders', they really aren't all that similar.

I personally preferred Notes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.