[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /lit/ Do you recommend this piece of literature? Hype me up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 365756756.jpg (46KB, 277x416px) Image search: [Google]
365756756.jpg
46KB, 277x416px
Hi /lit/

Do you recommend this piece of literature? Hype me up.
>>
No idea what that is. Any info OP?
>>
>>9725812
>Do you recommend this piece of literature?

Ask /sffg/.

They highly recommend it.
>>
no
>>
>>9725830
Please give reasons to back up your shit.

>>9725826
Thank you, we're checking the general rn
>>
>>9725845
>reasons
Even the neckbeards it's supposed to target consider this series to be obvious wish-fulfilment adventures for the author's self-insert character. It also exemplifies the bad writing pervasive in genre fiction, but since you're considering it to begin with you probably don't care about that.
>>
>>9725873
your opinion is shit
>>
A couple of my friends have read and give it high recommendations
>>
>>9725890
He's being generous about it, if anything. This book is awful.
>>
Isn't there a containment thread for this kind of shit?
>>
I read it and the sequel. It's preachy, unoriginal, and a little fucking stupid. That aside the prose is ok and the world building is nice. You'll have fun with it but you'll probably get bored with it once you realize the main character is a Mary Sue and a cunt.

It's not an awful book. Whether or not "not awful" is enough to make you read a book when there are so many masterpieces out there is up to you.
>>
>>9725890
You did this to yourself. You gave him the keys and now he's doing whatever he likes with your chest.
Next time learn not to depend on others to "hype you up" and jump straight to reading like a decent person, only good can follow that.
>>
>>9725890
Most books: Build up to climax, and then conclude
This book: Cant afford school, finds way to afford school. Cant afford school, finds way to afford school. repeat x6. Fails at romance. Fucks forest spirit. Doesnt advance introduced plot.

There, two books down.
>>
>>9725812
I really enjoyed it. Rothfuss' writing is fresh and his world building is phenomenal, but he tends to be trope-y with his themes. I'd recommend it still, for its magic, mysticism, and musical leanings.
>>
>>9726297

I was having a great time until they got to the town of women who want to have sex with me and then he became the first man to have mad fairy sex, it was like the start of Wizard Knight gone wrong.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.