/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start with Foucault and what background do i need?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Where do I start with Foucault and what background do i need?
>>
depends, he wrote a lot of shit
>>
Start with gay buttsex and aids.
>>
>>9724632
You start by realizing his whole philosophy implies that you shouldn't read his books and you fuckin' laugh
>>
>>9724632
Nietzsche, Bataille.
>>
First, read the Genealogy of Morals, and then move on to Foucault himself. His two major methodological treatises Archaeology of Knowledge and Nietzsche, Genealogy, and History are probably what you should start off with to understand what he's doing and the sort of claims he's making. Then you should move on to the Order of Things, Birth of the Clinic, and History of Madness (not the truncated version). The lectures should be read in order and in relation to the books which they produced. From that point, I think you can read anything in any order.
>>
Personally, having a background in Heidegger made a lot of his points intuitive.
>>
go backwards chronologically in terms of publishing year, it's what he recommended.
>>
>>9724680
Really? Interesting.
>>
>>9724680
Source?
>>
>>9724632
le GRIDS frenchman
>>
>>9724642
Michel "we waz mentally ill gay pedophile" foucault
>>
>>9724683
>>9724689
From "Le Souci de la vérité" (concern for the truth):
>Mais on va toujours à l'essentiel à reculons ; ce sont les choses les plus générales qui apparaissent en dernier lieu. C'est la rançon et la récompense de tout travail où les enjeux théoriques s'élaborent à partir d'un certain domaine empirique.

But one always gets to the essential backwards; The most general of things appear finally. that is the price and the reward of all work in which the theoretical issues develop in a specific empirical domain.
>>
>>9724632
broke: jews push degeneracy and subvert western civilisation

woke: it was the French all along
>>
>>9724741
Sometimes I wonder if it's not the aids virus who wrote foucault's books, and the only purpose of them is to spread aids.

The whole time he was like "NO STOP THESE ARE LIES" but he was powerless against the aids virus who kept writing for him for the sole purpose of trying to spread itself.
>>
>>9724764
AIDS accelerationism, I can dig it.
>>
>Bought the Archaeology of Knowledge a few days ago.
>Thought it would be interesting po-mo style philosophy and light reading.
>Scanned through the index and it mentions literally every philosopher you can think of: Plato, Aristotle, Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Hume, Rouseau, Hegel, Kant. Also lists a large range of classic French and European authors.
>>
>>9724632
It helps to do a philosophical exercise first. Think of the grossest, most immoral, hedonistic, and degenerate activities you can imagine. Feel your sense of disgust and righteousness right in the heart. But then consider the blank slate hypothesis, what if you were brainwashed by the ciswhite heteronormative patriarchy to dislike using your prostate for what it was designed to do, to give you unlimited pleasure? Once you have freed your mind from such limiting beliefs, you are ready to tackle Foucault.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.