[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which books trigger atheists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3675.jpg (233KB, 493x493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3675.jpg
233KB, 493x493px
Which books trigger atheists?
>>
>>9723826
>implying atheists don't enjoy Jewish fairy tales
It's not as entertaining as the stuff from Grimm brothers but not bad enough to trigger anyone either.
>>
>>9723826
Doesn't trigger me, It's laughable that brainlets really believe in this desu
>>
>>9725410
>implying that believing in something so complex and abstract seeming makes you stupid
Wtf. Why do atheists believe this? Besides, christians are some of the kindest, smartest (maths), and most moral people I know. It sounds like you just have a superiority complex you need to deal with.
>>
>>9725410
What's it like being a brainlet faggot, pagan?
>>
>>9725415
It's not complex at all wtf

It's the easiest to get religion of all, which is why it caught on. All the weird shit from other religions is cut out , and what's left is a streamlined brainlet doctrine that kids can get.

>>9725419
Lmao you couldn't even come up with something new, this is just NO U
>>
>>9725422
>He thinks that because the basic tenets of Christianity can be understood on a surface level, it doesn't contain many hidden complexities

Anon, I...
>>
>>9725415
there's too much reddit in this thread, but if you believe the bible to be the literal word of god, you are in fact a brainlet
>>
File: Carl-Jung.jpg (31KB, 257x303px) Image search: [Google]
Carl-Jung.jpg
31KB, 257x303px
>>9723826
Sacred texts are a good choice. But I've come to appreciate the amont of asspain that Jung and other non-materialist academics cause.
>>
>>9725459
Why believe some parts and then ignore others? Why only believe it partially? You're not making sense lol.
>>9725422
What >>9725445
said.
>>
The ones that define what the word "species" means without resorting to any Philosophy, because they don't exist.
>>
File: 1498564403940.jpg (38KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1498564403940.jpg
38KB, 570x587px
>>9725398
>>9725410
>>
>>9725781
Biblefags aren't into reality, that's nothing new but sub-par humour too? Jesus.
>>
>>9725781
To be fair, many of the tales published by the Grimm's were alterations of oral folktales dating to pre-christian Europe, so its not actually a retarded comparison to make, given that each is represents a collection of ideas and stories from different traditions that both ultimately played a large role in the shaping of European cultural and literary traditions. Although he probably wasn't attempting to communicate anything actually insightful anyhow.
>>
>>9723826
The bible, dumfuck
>>
The Bible isn't particularly triggering, considering reading the Bible earnestly is one of the most common atheist conversion experiences.

Theological commentary on the Bible, ESPECIALLY modern revisionist crap, though...
>>
>>9723826
Was there any book that turned more people into atheists?
>>
>>9726174
>>9726152
This.

Reading the Bible is probably *the* leading cause of atheism.

As well as, you know, actually having more than two brain cells.
>>
>>9726293
the leading cause of atheism is a mix of an indoctrination by scientism at an adolescent age and a need to be contrarian.
>>
File: St_Thomas_Aquinas.jpg (41KB, 387x544px) Image search: [Google]
St_Thomas_Aquinas.jpg
41KB, 387x544px
>>9726293
>As well as, you know, actually having more than two brain cells.

*blocks path*
>>
QUR'AN MASTER RACE REPORTING IN, TRIGGERING ATHEISTS, LIBERALS, FEMINAZIS AND GENERAL WHITE PEOPLE SIMULTANEOUSLY FOR 1400 YEARS NOW, AND WILL CONTINUE TO AFTER BEING INDUCTED IN THE WESTERN CANON IN ABOUT A HUNDRED YEARS.
>>
>>9726648
I've never encountered an explanation as cogent. And I'm being serious. This makes a lot of sense. Thanks anon. Please continue though, if you'd like, I'm interested in your views.
>>
File: 51UkU1iyJML.jpg (35KB, 313x500px) Image search: [Google]
51UkU1iyJML.jpg
35KB, 313x500px
hmmm
>>
>>9725464
:D
This is true. It triggers social workers too. They're like oh, Jung? mysticism. *puts down book*
>>
File: 33[1].jpg (52KB, 216x260px) Image search: [Google]
33[1].jpg
52KB, 216x260px
>>
>>9726648
You don't really need science for atheism and science doesn't claim that God doesn't exist. Both can co exist just fine, although thinking critically certainly doesn't help religion but then again, I know enough physicians and mathematicians who believe in sky daddy.

>a need to be contrarian
How many people from the last two generations actually take religion seriously? If anything, still being an active believer in the first world would be more contrarian.
>>
>>9726825
To feel contrarian is the new mainstream. It's a mad world without God.
>>
>>9726930
At least we don't burn too many witches these days
>>
>>9725410
triggered
>>
>>9726972
>Kill witches
>ancient curses are undone
>technology and prosperity increase exponentially
>>
What i never understood was why the races that got fucked by the white man still believed in tgeir religion. Like why would you believe in the same God that justified the actions of your opressor?
>>
>>9725422
>It's so easy to get!
I've been studying the Bible my whole life and if theres anything you should understand, this book isn't simple
>>
>>9727124
Fair enough.
>>
>>9727146
Groups of people tend to be pretty silly. With enough cultural influence and brainwashing, everything is possible. Just look at nazis is east European countries, who forgot that Adolf saw them as inferior races.
>>
File: 0764551531.jpg (135KB, 482x599px) Image search: [Google]
0764551531.jpg
135KB, 482x599px
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.