[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into Derrida?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Derrida_main.jpg (50KB, 303x379px) Image search: [Google]
Derrida_main.jpg
50KB, 303x379px
How do I into Derrida?
>>
>>9722337
How do I into the methodology?
>>
How I started was by reading Lacan's seminar on The Purloined Letter and then Derrida's commentary on that seminar.
>>
Marx, Nietzsche, Freud, Saussure, Heidegger, Lacan

>>9722342
Deconstruction is not a method and cannot be turned into one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvAwoUvXNzU
>>
>>9722352
He's great, I wish there were lectures on Lacan and Deleuze by him as well.
>>
>>9722501
he's fat and ugly and a liberal shit
>>
>>9722348
this
>>
>>9722512
sounds like he's, dare I say it, /ourguy/.
>>
>>9722324

Jonathan Culler's "Structuralist Poetics: Structuralism, Linguistics, and the Study of Literature," and "On Deconstruction" will give you a good starting point.
>>
>>9722512
>liberal
>>
start with structure sign and play, then read voice and phenomena
>>
drugs
>>
>>9722348
and Wittgenstein (PI)
>>
well, read (at least some) heidegger and definitely husserl, some levi-strauss and saussure, then read structure sign and play, white mythology, and the introduction to of grammatology (seriously, spivak explains most of it in the intro)
>>
>>9724508
it's too bad spivak doesn't know what she's talking about and is a shitty translator.
>>
>>9724504
Derrida apparently wasn't familiar with Wittgenstein. Reading Wittgenstein may muddy the waters a bit in comparison to reading just what 'influenced' Derrida, or rather what he responded to.
>>
>>9722324
If you get into him, you're not getting into him at all.
>>
File: Untitled.png (195KB, 1008x771px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
195KB, 1008x771px
Pic related.

I'm starting Of Grammatology and it opens with a quote from a text abbreviated as "EP". I've been searching the pdf for an explanation of what EP stands for and it doesn't appear to be in the version I have and I can't find the source anywhere.

Or is this some dumb Derrida joke and there really is no "(EP, p. 87)" and he's just fucking with me?

I might be losing my mind. Please help.
>>
>>9724835
It refers to L'Écriture et la psychologie des peuples
>>
File: death_35.jpg (374KB, 920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
death_35.jpg
374KB, 920x1200px
>>9724852
Thank you!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.