[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neil Gaiman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1057.jpg (34KB, 444x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1057.jpg
34KB, 444x331px
I have a question, /lit/. What do all of you think about this man's works?
>inb4 stephenking.2
>>
>>9722272
stephenking.1.5
>>
>>9722272

His comics are better than his novels. I'm going fucking spare waiting for him to write a new novel, it must be a decade by now.

His films suck except for Mirrormask.
>>
I was enjoying the sandman; but i stopped at season of mists. Because the art never looked good throughout the series, i didn't like most of the resolutions, and because it was a rip-off of swampthing anyway. Not even gonna bother with his books
>>
I was enjoying the sandman; but i stopped at season of mists. Because the art never looked good throughout the series, i didn't like most of the resolutions, and because it was a rip-off of swampthing anyway. Not even gonna bother with his books
>>
I enjoy Gaiman as a fun distraction every now and then.

Alan Moore is better than him at both novels and comics.
>>
Stephanie Meyer 1.0
>>
>>9722290
>His films suck except for Mirrormask.
Coraline was better than Mirrormask
>>
>>9722454

Coraline was fuckawful.
>>
I liked Sandman
>>
>>9722327

I would honestly say that Mists is where it starts getting really good, but if you didn't like Mists then you would not have like the rest at all.
>>
>>9722272
I've read American Gods and the experience was similar to watching a movie/tvshow. It reminded me of my Supernatural days in highschool. A bit sad if I think about it, he really is S.King 2.
>>
>>9722527
spoof, Coraline was class, the novella was better, one of his best work desu. Mirrormask was good crack, the TV adaptions of Neverwhere and American Gods are massively let down by their production standards, otherwise they'd have been alright (but not great). Overall he's good, but not great, definitely no Alan Moore but at his best he's in a similar league to Grant Morrisson, Peter Milligan or Garth Ennis when they're on form.
>>
>>9722568

I don't suppose you've read these Interworld books he's written with some other chap?

Cunt hasn't released a proper novel since Anansai Boys and I got an itch to scratch.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.