[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is any of the Brian herbert Dune books worth reading? I heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1486242944021.jpg (1022KB, 1144x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1486242944021.jpg
1022KB, 1144x2560px
Is any of the Brian herbert Dune books worth reading?
I heard good things about Butlerian Jihad
>>
>Porcelains of Dune
>Haircuts of Dune
>Pointed Hats of Dune
>>
God, didn't frank leave the lad enough money, plus getting money from continuing sales of dune that he had to rape his fathers corpse?
>>
>>9720783
The "Legends of Dune" trilogy was pretty good (includes "The Butlerian Jihad"). Hunters and Sandworms "wrap up" the original story, but they're pretty meh in my opinion. Fuck everything else; cashgrab bullshit.
>>
>tfw European
>tfw outside my beautiful restricted world people read such fucking garbage
>tfw they even think it's great
I need to update my suicide date
>>
>>9721847
How do you know it's garbage if you didn't read it?
>inb4 le I don't need to eat shit
>>
>Is any of the Brian herbert Dune books worth reading?
No, none of it.
>>
>>9720783
I'm 60 pages into Dune. I'm reading slow to anticipate the regret of having finished the book. Because I feel that this book is one of those books that you wish you could keep reading.
>>
Utter shit.
The only good expanded universe thing is the Dune Encyclopaedia. Out of print but available widely as 600 page pdf.
Forward by Frank Herbert, statement by idiot son and the estate in 2010 saying it will never be reprinted.
>>
>>9723255
Why wouldn't he want to reprint it? Looks like he'll print anything
>>
>>9723268
He didnt write it.
The author, McNelly, was who Frank was going to write prequels with before his death. Thats where the notes came from and its kind of an ugly story really. Anyhow, McNelly does the "history" and its not the same (ie interesting and consistent with tone of original novels) as what Brian came up with.
>>
>>9723268
Er, should explain, its a fictional encyclopaedia that claims to have been written in the universe portrayed at Arrakis university or something. Its got histories of the Butlerian Jihad and so on. Its quite a remarkable bit of fiction in its own right.
>>
Worship is where herberts best is at
>>
>>9723268
DE contradicts with anything that Brian Herbert's shitty alternate Dune fanfiction stands for. He also threatens anyone who disagrees with that opinion.
>>
>>9720783
Yes.
They aren't High Literature, but they have a much closer feel to Dune than the Frank books.
They are mostly enjoyable, largely forgettable and not Deeply Philisophical.
You know. Escapism. Fun.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.