[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consensus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: lift.png (754KB, 1473x842px) Image search: [Google]
lift.png
754KB, 1473x842px
Consensus?
>>
I lifted every day for a couple years but haven't for the past few years. Now I'm fat but according to Socrates I'm all good.
>>
somebody post the pasta about how ripped acient greeks were
>>
File: Ancient Greeks intensify.png (73KB, 1545x422px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Greeks intensify.png
73KB, 1545x422px
>>9719889
>>
>>9719813
Without a doubt the worst fucking meme of all time. The fact that people are still falling for it thousands of years later is astonishing
>>
>>9720371
pls elaborate
>>
>>9720488
worship the archetypal "alpha male" like desert people worship God. Congrats on falling into a scam and tricking yourself into believing that getting fit will provide you with some meaning
>>
>>9719813
Why did you circle pseudo Seneca's shoulders?
>>
You should find some way to keep yourself in shape. It doesn't have to be an obsession, but there is absolutely no excuse to be fat, and it's incredibly difficult for me to have any amount of respect for a young person who clearly couldn't run a mile or do a pullup.
>>9720510
>caring about your body means you worship Rich Piana and have no other meaning in your life
"But I focus on my mind!" is not an excuse, you lardass. Doing both is not difficult.
>>
>>9719813
They all have reasonable view points.

I don't like exercise orientated purely towards muscle building, especially disproportionate muscle building. I practice various martial arts and as a result gain a fit and muscular body most of the exercise I do is perfecting technique. I do not use weights and the like, however. Are you masculine and imposing if your muscle is surface-level, not consistent in the body and your ability to use that muscle is limited by your lack of experience, technique and over-abundance of muscle in general? What meaning does it hold when a skinny but skilled manlet can destroy you in any physical contest except the lifting of specific equipment? Some would be more capable in a lot of activities if they didn't have the malformed, hunk of disproportionate muscle impeding their body. It's also a matter of intent, one man might cut down a tree to fuel his fire, keeping his family warm. While another will lift chunks of metal, at the end doing nothing but building muscle for seemingly no real purpose, all the intent, passion and energy; wasted. Nothing results from the toil. I guess this is hard for the modern world though, a factory doesn't need your physical labour anymore.

>Why do strong arms fatigue themselves with frivoulous dumb-bells? To dig a vineyard is a worthier exercise for men.
Epitomises my view on the matter. Though some do these things for aesthetic and artistic reasons, which is reasonable enough.

By the way, I'm referring to the exercise junkies and bodybuilders. Obviously any sort of exercise, even a brief walk down the street is a good thing to practice. Might have been a bit venomous but 'lifters' and the whole muscle-building gym culture thing in particular, are really tiresome. I have seen them be aggressive towards their physical superiors, mistaking their muscle to mean anything in any task beyond certain repetitive motions with specific equipment. Such as martial arts.
>>
It used to be that people didn't have to go out of their way to be physically active because they engaged in physical labor and light exercise (from walking, riding horses, etc) on a daily basis. Fighting and swimming were just ways boys and men would pass the time.

Nowadays there are no pressing incentives to move the body, either to farm or just to get from place to another. Leisure time is spent completely sedentary for most people in modern societies. In that vacuum literally any exercise is better than none

Lifting doesn't build any physical skills like martial arts, in a way it's the lifestyle that epitomizes our meaningless existences devoid of any real struggles or stress. You can devote hours to pumping iron and eating copious quantities of protein that would have been relegated only for athletes in the past, and that's become the modern lifestyle of vanity masquerading as strength and character

I personally prefer martial arts, bodyweight exercises, and long-distance running/swimming. Things you can do without the luxuries of the exercise industry
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.