[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Catholic Dad asked me to read the hitchikers guide and now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

So in december my dad asked me to read the hitchikers guide. Before this I was catholic but not too devout. About halfway through the book I started to seiousley question god. By the end I was an athiest. No depression or religion switching involved, this book converted me.

Good job dad, that was the best book I will ever read. Maybe one of the best works of literature our species has ever produced.

I came out to my mother, who is apparantley an athiest. ALOT about her makes sense now. Her mother and my grandmother is an athiest too. We talked about the universe, mike pence and the sort. She thought my dad suggesting the guide was hilarious.

This is how elon musk became an athiest too apparantley.

If I ever become president I will be sworn in on the hitchikers guide to the galaxy. It encompasses my beliefs like a bible.
>>
cool story bro
>>
>>9719263
underage b&
>>
>>9719263
/lit/ b8, but r/books front page material
>>
>>9719567
It's why I keep coming back here despite the never ending shitposts. I really can't take discussions on other sites seriously knowing that the person I'm arguing with might number Harry Potter amongst their favorite books or never have read the Greeks.
>>
>>9719263
Wow, it's like you're in a cool club and that sucker of your dad was left behind! ha!
>>
File: 1431226836278.gif (2MB, 360x270px)
1431226836278.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>9719263
>We talked about the universe, mike pence and the sort.
>>
>>9719263
>came out
>as an atheist
>>
>>9719572
>the universe, mike pence and the sort
8/10
>>
>>9720948
>>9719263
Oops
>>
>>9719263
From a kid's genre fiction book haha wow
>>
File: 1498795792625.png (31KB, 600x560px)
1498795792625.png
31KB, 600x560px
This is unironically one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this website. Congratulations.
>>
>>9719263
the first book is terrible, but it gets even worse, this book sucks and you should keep your way out of it

>Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
what is literature, or at least douglas adams shitty book, but to seeing fairies on a garden? i fucking hate this book so much i'd rather read harry potter
>>
>>9719263
Awesome that you have a cool-ass dad that recommended Adams to you, but stop identifying. Being atheist doesn't make you cool. Reading an awesome book might, if you weren't such an asshole about it.
>>
>>9719263
Congratulations, Mr. Kardashian.
>>
>>9719263
Enjoy a lifetime of failing to fill that void.
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (14KB, 220x298px)
Nietzsche187a.jpg
14KB, 220x298px
>>9721331
He'll be fine as long as he thinks about it and reads the right stuff.
>>
>basing your belief system on comedic sci-fi

wew laddie
>>
>>9720948
>>9720121
>>9720956

this. well-crafted, OP.
>>
I honestly can't tell if this is from r/books or if it's original content.
>>
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
>>
>>9719263
this thread makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>9719263
what kind of bait
>>
I'm really glad my pubescent verysmartness was ignited by the Bible rather than this reddit shit. At least when I grew out of it I had the foundations for reading good lit. Enjoy the r/books reading list OP.
>>
>>9723890
apparently you haven't quite exited that phase yet
>>
The Hitchhikers guide is what turned me off to reading for ten years.

So, I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was so bad it could make you disbelieve in God and goodness.

Damn.
>>
File: 1499377179765.gif (1MB, 280x210px)
1499377179765.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>9719263
Rot in your own filth, you pagan fuck
>>
Don't worry. When you read Gene Wolfe you will repent and be Catholic again. It is the spiral we take to reach something higher.
>>
Unironically, this is the best fucking bait I've read
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.