[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

It's hard to read while working full time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1497745817762.png (462KB, 444x650px)
1497745817762.png
462KB, 444x650px
It's hard to read while working full time.
>>
>working full time

wait, is that still a thing?
>>
>>9715294
There's no reason for it to be
>>
>>9715285
read during your lunch breaks.
>>
No it's not. I still managed to read a book a week while working full time. Also, >>9715294.
Working 40 hours a week is extremely declasse. There are two proper options and those are to work either two days a week (and those days being mostly lunches) or to work at least 75 hours a week.
>>
>>9715392
>There are two proper options and those are to work either two days a week (and those days being mostly lunches) or to work at least 75 hours a week.

exactly, either slack off and go bohemian or go full calvinist and work like it's your calling
>>
It's easy to get at least 30 minutes read time a day, even when you are a full on wagecuck that are tired after work. You can squeeze in 15 minutes between stuff.

What you need to do is reduce time spending on other things. Make quick and easy meals that doesn't need 1-2 hours prep time. (or just make enough food for the week on Sundays).

Just walk away from the computer and 4chan.

Make time for what's important.
>>
>>9715392
>>9715422
These guys get it. I work 24 hours/week and live in a city in the Midwest where rent is cheap. I get to spend more time with my friends and girlfriend than I care for and still am able to read 40-50 hours per week.

Oh, and I"m accidentally saving up money.

Today's USA isn't the worst.
>>
tfw unemployed, college summer break, no friends, no interests besides reading
>>
>>9715479
I don't need advice, I just wanted to stimulate conversation. I'm temporarily working 40/hrs a week and it's obvious that most work isn't conducive to creativity.

>>9715422
>has never had an original idea in his life
Choosing not to waste most of your waking hours either working or commuting doesn't equate to slacking off and not all jobs are worth dedicating your life to.
>>
Its hard to do anything working full time

I work form 8:30 - 5, but that doesn't take into account time it takes to get ready + commuting. So really it's like I "work" from 6 - 6.

Naturally when I get home I am beyond exhausted and don't feel like doing anything, aside from going on the internet or playing vidya. At that point in the day I am totally spent and it's tough to commit the mental energy to serious tasks.
>>
>>9715622
Which is why I can't wait to quit my faggot job
>>
The idea that working your life away and putting your job above everything else is somehow righteous or something to strive for is absolutely ridiculous. It is sold to us in every media, this idea, and people believe it. Most Americans are convinced that a good father works 60 hours a week rather than working half that and spending the other 30 with his children. It blows my mind. I work two jobs but in leaving one of them, which is nice because I worked 50 hours per week for years before I realized that the people around my are miserable, but have been convinced that they're somehow stronger, manlier, or above others for working so much.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.