[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading becoming second nature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1430208782073.jpg (312KB, 1016x665px) Image search: [Google]
1430208782073.jpg
312KB, 1016x665px
When did you guys feel that you "got into" reading? I've been plowing through books and audio books for about 3 months now (managed to get by like 18, I'm on sick leave) and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've read things like Catch 22, 1984, The Process and One flew over the cuckoo's nest. Have you gotten to a point where you yearn for the next book, where you can't wait to read another classic? Can you describe when it happened for you and what it's like? I enjoy reading for different reasons, but it's not second nature yet.
>>
what a gay thread
delete your life
>>
>>9714941
Pretty much never. I read one book or 3/4 a book then don't read for like 6 months. Come back and finish the book I left and then start another and do the same thing.
>>
>>9714950
no u
>>
>brainlets forcing themselves to read to look smart instead of doing it solely for pleasure
You dont belong here OP
>>
>>9714973
>projecting the idea of reading to look smart when someone wants do discover a new medium and tries to discourage them in order to keep sense of secret club-superiority
>>
>>9714987
This.

This is all of /lit/. It's the main reason I hate this board. It's the same thing as using knowledge as a fashion accessory.
>>
>>9715048
oh come on, don't be such a whiny bitch
my situation
>read a bunch through childhood and early teens
>stop reading when I found video games and movies
>start uni, getting bored of video games and just plowing through meaningless shit on internet
>get a concussion, can't look at screens, listen to podcasts
>get bored of podcasts, listen to a couple of audio books advertised on the app
>those are terrible, I get bored
>read catch 22 and 1984, start seeing why they're classics
>get interested in picking up reading for real again
>going through some classics
>post this thread

I sure seem like a bad, bad reader who shouldn't be let into your secret treehouse, don't I

also leave if you hate it so badly, that kind of elitist I'm so much better but I still hang out here shit is pathetic
>>
Elementary school. I would get so absorbed in a book I would lose track of my surroundings, people had to physically shake me out of it. I was munching through 800+ page books in a couple of weeks or less (contemporary stuff, so it wasn't that difficult to read but still...).
>>
>>9714973
>implying thinking that they're smart doesn't give them pleasure
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.