[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, /sci/ here. Please explain why so many of the literary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: timthumb.jpg (547KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
547KB, 1024x768px
Hey /lit/, /sci/ here.
Please explain why so many of the literary and humanities types think that the universe in any way cares about the human will, art or beliefs? And why do many philosophers seem to think that the universe resembles a human-like mind?
We love to project our qualities onto the universe, but this only shows the shortcomings of our own perceptions.
>>
>>9713650
It's entertainment, not a scientific paper.
>>
>>9713650
questiong thing like that is cool but if u wanna do it propose something in exchange
and i agree with u
>shortcomings of our own perceptions indeed
>>
go back there
>>
>>9713650
Fuck off, we're full
>>
can you even name a philosopher who does this
>>
>>9713650
Can you give us an example? I'm not convinced you've read much philosophy.
>>
>>9713650
what do you mean universe cares about human will? universe is not a fucking person.
>>
>>9713650
>so many of the literary and humanities types think that the universe in any way cares about the human will, art or beliefs? And why do many philosophers seem to think that the universe resembles a human-like mind?
Give us examples of major philosopher who state something like this.
Hard-mode: Not from the Enlightment
>>
>>9713650

Nobody thinks that? Try /pol/ instead, youll find a lot of christians.
>>
>>9713650
Hey /sci/, /lit/ here.
Please explain why so many people who've studied the sciences get pissed off when people who've studied the arts give ill-informed opinions on the sciences, but are perfectly happy to act like they know all about the arts when they have exactly the same level of knowledge on the subject.

On a more serious note, what are you on about? I can't think of a philosophy that believes 'the universe' cares about anything, it's usually either some sort of God caring or something that they believe humans themselves should care about.
>>
lol @ OP thinking he's hot shit and getting humiliated effortlessly like an idiot
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.