[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Habits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1492665903033.jpg (120KB, 610x804px) Image search: [Google]
1492665903033.jpg
120KB, 610x804px
What were the creative schedules and habits of great writers? I'm curious, let's discuss this. Whatever it is we do, I think we could benefit from taking inspiration from these people.
>>
>>9713091
Read a lot then write a lot. But read a lot before you write at all.
>>
>>>brainpickings.org
>>
>>9713091
see: https://podio.com/site/creative-routines

The most common aspect of great writers is having some habit at all; sleeping, waking, and writing at the same time everyday like it were work and a craft instead of random bursts of inspiration and fury. Aside from that, most woke early and wrote early.
>>
>>9713150
>brainpickings.org
...Do you honestly mean that or are you just memeing?

That site is my guilty pleasure
>>
>>9713162
Nothing to feel guilty about, friendo. They have some nice reads.
>>
>>9713091
They certainly didn't browse 4chan or play video games.
>>
>>9713197
They would have.
>>
>>9713091
Spec Ops: The Line should not be considered a worthy successor to Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now. The few decent moments that set it apart from other games were interlaced with a ton of bland gameplay. Even its good moments are not as profound, deep, or moving as anything in HoD or AN.
>>
>>9713261
No they wouldn't have.
>>
>people unironically think video games are deeper than literature and film as a medium

I want to light every nu male on fire
>>
>>9713331
I loved spec ops. What are the other ones? I don't recognise those shortcuts.
>>
What the HELL happened to Winston?
>>
>>9713154
>Voltaire
>working in bed
Huh, interesting.
>>
>>9713585
Yes, they would have.
>>
>>9713625
No they wouldn't have. You think Tolstoy would've browsed /lit/? Fuck no.
>>
>>9713154
Mah nigga, Ballsack.

>>9713331
What the fuck do you expect from gaymers? Everything that isn't "shot all the bad guys, shot more bad guys, you are great!" is considered great story telling.
>>
>>9713633
He absolutely would have. Tolstoy was the best at expressing realism in his characters.
>>
>>9713643
4chan is where dreams go to die. There is no hope for any of us.
>>
>>9713091
>Conrad was trying to say colonialism is bad
>>
>>9713681
There's hope here: >>9714228
Let's think of some good habits for becoming an autodidact or engaging in any other intellectual activity.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.