[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does a person live for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: heathen gods.jpg (30KB, 327x323px) Image search: [Google]
heathen gods.jpg
30KB, 327x323px
What does a person live for?
>>
pleasure derived from chemical changes in the brain created by manipulation of the illogically manufactured environment.
>>
>>9712138
benis in vagina
>>
>>9712138
Eudaimonia
>>
>>9712140
in what way? short term, long term, total during lifetime, total of everyone's lifetime, other? your answer explains nothing.

>>9712147
isn't that the thing that's defined as "the thing that everyone wants"?
>>
>>9712138
that's a loaded question
>>
>>9712162
>that's a loaded question
explain further. do you not feel that people aim at anything?
>>
Everything, the world is really beautiful.
>>
>>9712188
Maybe to a blind Jew drunk on lies.
The world has beauty to it. It also has ugliness, which is promoted by the society. Contrary to its founding ethos.
>>
>>9712218
It's called perspective you mongoloid.
>>
>>9712244
Whatever you're on is much stronger than perspective lad.
>>
>>9712159
>isn't that the thing that's defined as "the thing that everyone wants"?

I don't recall your exact wording, but that might be due to different translations. To answer your question: yes, that's how Plato and Aristotle saw it, albeit there is more to it.

Essentially, all our endavours are but a means to an end, and this end is but another means to another end and so forth. Eudaimonia, however, is not only the end of all means, but an end in and off itself. All humans seek it, but they go about it in accordance to their own understanding. This is why Aristotle placed the greatest emphasis upon reason and why the Platonist considered wisdom to be the highest good.
>>
>>9712272
I don't think he means he's on drugs, he just simply chooses only to see the beauty in the world and ignore the ugliness.
>>
>>9712138
to do what's right quietly, the religion game. there's nothing else.
>>
>>9712303
>not rejoycing over the ugly tits of an old whore
Do you even poetry
>>
File: Zen-o-sama.jpg (154KB, 666x679px) Image search: [Google]
Zen-o-sama.jpg
154KB, 666x679px
>>9712138
I have an enemy. He thinks he is a lot smarter than he really is, and as a result he is in an awkward situation. Unfortunately he's outside my reach, but I watch eagerly, waiting for his poorly-thought-out plans to tighten around his throat and choke him.

that, and the next episode of Dragon Ball Super.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.