[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion On This Film I Would Like to Make?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: bladeRunner_007a.jpg (1016KB, 1934x1088px) Image search: [Google]
bladeRunner_007a.jpg
1016KB, 1934x1088px
Influenced by "Ubik" by Philip K. Dick and the films: "Inception", "Eraserhead", and "2001: A Space Odyssey"
Pitch:
In the future, space travel is possible. However, space travel is not mastered to travel the speed of light, but you are able to travel light years away with cryogenic freezing, and refrigeration. A rich schizophrenic man goes on a deep sleep trip light years away. While in his dreams inside a cryogenic chamber, his mind builds a world that brings him on a journey in life that no other human being has in cryogenic chambers, and inside the dream that lasts thousands of years.
>>
>>9709361
>brain is frozen
>neurons still active
what did he mean by this
>>
>>9709382
I need to do some research on hibernation then.
>>
>>9709382
However, if bacteria can adapt to ice and move around, then maybe those neurons may be active.
>>
>>9709397
you could do something like King's "The Jaunt" instead of cryogenesis -- vaguely similar plot in that story
>>
>>9709414
I'll check out that story then. Thank you.
>>
>>9709361
That's a good premise, but don't get so wrapped up in Dickesque(lol) intriguing sci-fi plots that you write Dickesque flat characters and cheap repetitive themes.
Too many sci-fi narratives lean all their weight on the plot that it just becomes another zany adventure story. Ask questions, explore themes, build real characters, make it relevant.
I mean that's kind of asking a lot, but that's what you should strive for
>>
>>9709361
Do you have any idea how this would be written or what you'd be getting at or are you just "Ideas Guying" us? Have you ever worked in the kino industry or written anything?
>>
>>9709450
Never worked in the industry.
>>
>>9709450
And yes, I am throwing ideas to see if they would sound good. I am looking for a tough kino audience. ;)
>>
>>9709460
Any idea can work provided that you know what you're doing. Movie's aren't made on ideas. The foundation of every good movie is a pushy asshole who's good at getting shit done.
>>
>>9709361
Even if the story isn't accuarate scientifically, I like it. Would this be a short movie?
>>
>>9709361
Do you have any more details to the plot? It sounds interesting, but I'm worried it could end up being more Inception than any of the other influences you mentioned?
>>
"It was just a dream" is one of the worst storylines because there are zero stakes in the plot.

Also, sci fi is expensive AF so most studios won't gamble on it unless the script is great or comes from someone/something already proven (ike a bestseller adapation.
>>
>>9709382
Depends on how the "cryogenic chambers" work but yeah for anything that actually works, you would be effectively dead and have no brain activity. Coming out of stasis would be reviving you. It's basically completely killing and meticulously preserving your body, to be revived at a later date.

>>9709408
That's simple life adapted to manage severe temperature. Neurons are not bacteria or individual organisms, it's completely different.

The only way would be to not freeze a subject (do something else that limits the affects of age and shuts down most of the body - like a mix of a coma and heavy preserving agents added to body) and have nutrients feeding them for the during of stasis but I fail to see how you could preserve anyone for so long by doing this. It would also be very dangerous and damaging ti the body.

In any case, it's sci fi, just dismiss it as "it just werks".
>>
>>9709408
>>9709397
>>9709382

A better plotline would be a guy who goes on one of these deep space cryofreeze trips thousands of years through space and unexpectedly becomes coma-like conscious partway through the journey, but unable to access his body or in any way communicate and with years and years of space on either side of the ship he has no choice but to remain in painful isolated cryofreeze for an unmeasurable amount of time, of which he has no sense of, but knows there are thousands of years before he can fully awaken.
>>
>>9709361
Holy shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.