[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think about Charles Bukowski?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: charles-bukowski.jpg (30KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
charles-bukowski.jpg
30KB, 600x315px
What does /lit/ think about Charles Bukowski?
>>
>>9709158
he only existed so Anthony Kiedis could rhyme his name with "house-key"
>>
The equivalent of listening to a podcast with Steve-O or chatting with the homeless alcoholic outside your apartment.

It's entertaining at the time, but after a while you feel sorry for them because they are one trick ponies and you're sick of hearing yet another story about how they fucked up when drunk.
>>
Overly simplistic style that caters to a casual adult audience who don't like regular literature.
>>
Eh I think there is more there than you think. He portrays what many people think and are afraid to say. Some if his poems are good and some are drunken trash. When you look at what he us really saying, however, I believe he is more complicated that one thinks. He deals with suffering and entrapment in a post modern society and I find his ugliness beautiful and truw.
>>
he gets shit on by snobs but he had a good eye for beauty

his stuff hasn't aged very well into the age of SJW feminism because he beat and raped women but at least the way he told it, they were asking for it
>>
>>9709164
This. Also, in postman he just flat out rapes a crazy lady. Am I remembering that right? He goes to deliver a letter, she screams at him, so his solution is to force his way into her house and rape her on the couch? Because that came out of fucking nowhere.

I liked the book up until that point, but I think I just didn't know how to deal with someone so casually talking about raping someone, so I think I just... stopped reading him.

Also, fun fact, Women is the only book I've ever found with a better german title than the original, which is pretty much impossible, because German's suck at renaming things, but there you go: instead of Women it's Das Liebesleben der HyƤne which is "the love life of the hyena"
>>
I don't think of him.
>>
>>9709158
Worse than Savannah Brown
>>
>>9709485
>I believe he is more complicated that one thinks. He deals with suffering and entrapment in a post modern society and I find his ugliness beautiful and truw.
you write like a middle schooler who gets bullied everyday
>>
>>9710868
No, he writes like the women Bukowski writes about writing him about his books.
>>
>>9710793
Wait, you actually believe what he wrote was true? Krauts have such thick heads.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.