[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I better at comedy than Shakespeare?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: shake.gif (37KB, 222x282px) Image search: [Google]
shake.gif
37KB, 222x282px
>I'm dead.
>You're remarkably animated for a corpse
>No, inside.
>And why is that? Has a woman taken your spirit?
>Ha, not a chance!
>Why, are you a virgin? Perhaps the comma wasn't necessary, and even then the question isn't exactly a riddle.
>I'm no virgin, but I have only slept with one woman legally.
>What were the rest, prostitutes?
>No, I raped them.
>A fine wit you have.
>And they say wit is a sign of intelligence.
>Well, you've proved them wrong.
>I'll have you eat your words.
>I could only eat them if they were minced, and I'm no butcher.
>Continue like this and you'll make a butcher of me.

That's it so far.
>>
No, you have the 'wit' of a thirteen year old shitposter.
>>
This reads like jokes Frasier (from the acclaimed tv show Frasier) would have made as a child. I would genuinely advise you to study Frasier for Shakespearean wit by a contemporary.
>>
File: grothendieck.jpg (103KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
grothendieck.jpg
103KB, 620x372px
>>9708202
holy shit
>>
>>9708226
What, the heads?
>>
File: 1469421261616.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469421261616.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>9708202
> a butcher you are sir
> of the words that you speak
> you do our language a disservice
>>
>>9708202
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>9708252
Genius, you pleb.
>>
>>9708202
You know, for some reason I liked it.
>>
>>9708202
I like some of it,
>And they say wit is a sign of intelligence.
>Well, you've proved them wrong.

I would use the word cadaver over corpse
>>
>>9708294
Really, I thought this was the best by far.

>I'll have you eat your words
>I could only eat them if they were minced, and I'm no butcher.
>>
>>9708306
yeah i liked it and didn't like it, its funny because "minced words" but it doesn't apply right to the conversation. It just seems to me they are saying things that are interesting instead of things that are relevant to the flow of the conversation. I mean in the end we never find out why the guy was depressed.
>>
Bravo!
>>
You almost match the 'wit' which is prevalent in the early comedies and sprinkled throughout the rest of his works (as seen in clown characters or interactions with clown characters), but you lack the sophistication and the poetry. Yours isn't beautiful to the ear. Cf. Petruchio and Kate's first interaction. Plus, Shakespeare, as you know, was way more than this back and forth banter, which you're calling "comedy." When he does this style of humor, it's him at his lowest.
>>
>>9708636
This. Empty wordplay is fine but you need a lot more substance, and a better vocabulary, to make it worth reading.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.