[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inspirational/Life changing books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 51409001.jpg (53KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
51409001.jpg
53KB, 520x520px
So I just finished reading this one by Mark Manson and I'm reading "The Monk who sold his ferrari". Both great inspirational, life changing books with good advice how to live a happier life. I'll be re-reading them sometime soon and I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions of books about psychology/spirituality. Thanks dudes.
>>
I'll refrain from giving my opinion on picture related
But The Awakened Ape might be something you enjoy

I hope you use these kind of books as inspirations or ideas and not force them onto yourself
>>
>>9707110
Purely inspiration. The whole idea of cultivating your body, soul and mind to achieve what you wish inspired me to go out running today. And I'll keep doing it for the rest of the week. I rarely force anything on myself, yet I find it calming to read books like this, they explain what I can't. And thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>9707129
That's good.
For me Antifragile by Nassim Taleb was mind-blowing, it brought together a lot of different stuff together
Even though I disagree with him on several stuff the book has been very inspirational

I know a bunch of psychology books, some more popsci as the other. What interests you?
Personality, intelligence, attraction, creativity, political, cognition?

I think "wired to create" by Scott Barry Kaufman is light science but I did enjoy it, it was about the psychology of creative people and some behaviours that nourish it
>>
>>9707158
All of the topics really. I liked "Subtle art of not giving a fuck" because it justified my own ideas of this world, how fucked it is for caring for things that don't matter. And "Monk who sold his ferrari" is helping me get rid of fucks I don't need while focusing on my real problems. Psychology has always interested me, why people act the way they act, why some things get done and others dont. Another question, where do you usually get your books? I try piratebay yet I only found Antifragile.
>>
>>9707202
I usually use lib gen, others books I take from the college library or the town's library

I think you might like "the enigma of reason" and also "gut feelings" by Gigerenzer

If you don't mind biology you could take a look at "behave" by Robert Sapolsky
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.