[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they're any self help books written by suicide survivors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Pepe Fork Outlet.jpg (23KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Fork Outlet.jpg
23KB, 590x590px
I want a self help book written by a person with first hand experience, the normal self help book seems to be written by people who think you can go out and do yoga in the park in the middle of an argument and I'm sick of all the usual slogans.
>>
>>9705058
>another suicidal frog faggot
Love this
>>
the book of mormon
>>
>>9705058
I feel as though this is the first time an anon unironically should have gone to /r9k/ for advice.
>>
>>9705058
The Suicidal Mind by Shneidman has in-depth interviews with several suicide survivors.

It's a great book. Here's a one-page summary of S's views on the subject:

>https://suicidepreventioncommunity.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/shneidman_10-commonalities.pdf

Concluding unscientific postscript: I always thought this very beautiful song was about suicide, but apparently not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP9ZFkqt5Lw

http://www.weeklywire.com/ww/10-26-98/austin_music_feature2.html

Did an angel whisper in your ear
And hold you close and take away your fear
In those long last moments?
>>
I think there're not any. If someone attempted suicide, that means they didn't know how one can help himself. Sylvia Plath attempted unsuccesfully, wrote a book about it, and attempted again succesfully. The people that have attempted and became happy means that some event changed their life, probably they've met a girl or something.

I'm happy that at least there are books written by a classic writer who attempted.
>>
>>9705058
>the normal self help book seems to be written by people who think you can go out and do yoga in the park in the middle of an argument and I'm sick of all the usual slogans.
Yeah but have you tried? What if part of your problem is that you think your case is too severe for that rather than that being the case is what is the hindrance? What if the solution is to be more critical of your judgement instead of the advice of others?

What additional value is to be expected from an author who survived suicide? The only thing that comes to mind is the exact slogans you are wary of. A sense of urgency in the writing, "get off your ass, do it now", bitch this pussy that. Or maybe the exact opposite, cuddly wuddly pls b safe, you're not like them anon. Of what use would that be?

What if your identity, your special status is not important? Yoga, meditation, prayer now have some empirical evidence behind them i.e. neurological and we should actually be more wary of the perceived non-effect of such things and our own failure at achieving improvement rather than blaming placebo.

I say give it a try. Think optimistic. See your suicidal tendencies not as a special status but as impressions and abstractions about yourself which are contingent on your judgement and therefore within your power and your responsibility to change. There is no value in hanging on to them, you're playing helpless frog in the pond and it's changing your brain for the worse each day.

Change urself for the better my man.
>>
Tolstoy's confessions
>>
>>9705058
If you want to get over suicidal ideation a without meds I recommend Myth of Sisyphus. It worked for me pretty well.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.