[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to write daily?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ThomasPynchon_press.jpg (199KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ThomasPynchon_press.jpg
199KB, 2048x1536px
Hello /lit/.

I am trying to learn to write. The problem is that I never have any ideas, and when I write from nothing the mixture of how shit it is and how little idea I have of where it is going stops me from continuing. I remember when I started getting into lit, I had a ton of ideas, but these days they seem like adolescent stupidity and far too (pseudo)literary to practice with, and I am having no new ideas - is it because I read so much more than I did back then - that my immersion in books prevents me from being able to come up with original ideas?

How do I learn to write? Do you have any practical advice for this? I will accept basic "get your fucking act together" stuff but I would prefer some advice that I could put into actual practice.
>>
write about how you dont have any ideas then. what you write doesnt matter unless you wsnt to write a detective novel to make some money.
>>
>>9704959
I was under the impression that writing a detective novel was good, in that it prevents you from being pretentious and trying to imitate the literary greats.
>>
You could always try writing a short story every day with a set word count that feels comfortable to you. If you are stuck on what you want to write about I would suggest looking into different writing prompts online. With time and practice your writing will improve and your style will take shape. whatever you do don't make writing a chore just have the motivation and drive to write everyday because you actually want to.
>>
>>9704947

want a motivational skype pal to talk about writing with?
>>
>>9705210
Thanks for the advice
>>9705240
Thanks for the offer but I'm far too ugly, stammering and anxious for that
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.