[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss his body of work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 8nxufq50fumx.jpg (19KB, 414x403px) Image search: [Google]
8nxufq50fumx.jpg
19KB, 414x403px
Discuss his body of work
>>
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP
>>
>>9703893
vaguely neat ideas, poor stylistic and structural execution, total inability to plan/write respectable resolutions
>>
>>9703893
i love the way he writes kids, and treats them like adults. makes his work perfect for teenage boys wanting stuff harder than harry potter, etc.
>>
The Dark Tower is excellent and the closest literature can probably get to the concept of an "event comic with crossovers" like comics do. The movie is going to blow.
>>
Reading one of his books is the literary equivalent of being run over by a van.
>>
>>9703893
The upper echelon of airport novel Americana.
>>
>>9703893
Should be ridiculed for copying the plot of the fucking simpsons movie
>>
>>9703893
What you read after Harry Potter and Cervantes compared to DFW
>>
What about his writing tips?
>>
You think they'll show a pre-teen girl getting fucked by nerds in a sewer in the new movie?
>>
you like it or not, Stephen King is a goddam good writter. He has original ideas and in his books you can find little pearls of wisdom. He will be acknowledged in the future.

The Dark Tower is the best fucking epic novel that you will read if you actually try it. By the way, all his books are related in one way or another with the dark tower.
>>
>>9703893
Stop buly plz...
>>
>>9704776
The writing tips are fine; it's just that for the most part, his stories are shit.
>>
>>9703922
People overlook this as a virtue for King. Most people I knew back in high school loved him, then outgrew him once they went off to college. His books are perfect for introducing new readers to adult literature as a sort of bridge from the popular young adult scene to big boy books.
>>
>>9703893
The Taco Bell of literature.
>>
>>9703893
Competently written signifier of nothing.
>>
>>9704821
faggot detected.
>>
>>9703906
SPBP
>>
Honestly, it seems like this guy writes a lot of good stuff, but he also writes a lot of awful stuff for money.

I think that a book should be pretty good in order to get a movie adaptation by Kubrick. And then, I don't know what is the Dark Tower book story about, but the movie seems autistic by the trailer.

I've only read Skeleton Crew by him, most of it wasn't anything special, but The Jaunt was pretty insane.
>>
>>9705915
Do you think he really needs more money at this point? I think he just enjoys writing crap for writing crap's sake, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>9705915
>Honestly, it seems like this guy writes a lot of good stuff, but he also writes a lot of awful stuff for money.

This. He writes so much that his is inevitably inconsistent.

He is a decent author of pulp entertainment which is fun to dip in now and then, but his books aren't really worth discussing unless you're specifically interested in talking about modern horror.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.