[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best war novels? They can be any war in human history, so long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1498861766841.jpg (83KB, 627x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498861766841.jpg
83KB, 627x800px
Best war novels? They can be any war in human history, so long as they're dank af.
>>
Iliad
>>
>>9703479
What's so good about it?
>>
>>9703489
Good plot.
>>
Max Aue reminisces about falling in love and porking his sister when he was a teen (including hawt buttsex), joining the SS, becoming one of the lead bureaucrats in orchestrating the "final solution", killing his parents, goes to stalingrad and gets shot in the head, witnesses the downfall of berlin and the disintegration of Hitlers inner circle at the end of the war....also he's a fecalphiliac
>>
Storm of Steel
>>
>>9703502
sounds comfy
>>
>>9703530
it really is. 1st person confessional. long and comfy
>>
All quiet in the western front
>>
Forgotten Soldier
>>
>>9703470
Heinrich Böll as an ex wehrmacht soldier knows his shit (Where were you Adam for example)
>>
Dank af? Try Léon Bloy's "Sweating Blood". It's dark romanticism tales of the Franco-German War in 1871. The heroic deeds it contains are excessively violent, every second or third story or so has a female being raped in front of relatives, and the general writing style is just nicely vicious. Have fun!
>>
>>9703470
Not technically a novel since it's his real experiences, but definitely worth a go
>>
>>9703648
replying to myself
"implying you can still be a wehrmacht soldier"
>>
>>9703510
This is also quite dank due to Jünger's extreme war autism. He stays so objective all the time even when writing about him and comrades rotting in the trenches.
You might consider reading "Gardens and Streets" afterwards, which has Jünger "conquering" the same area in WWII. Since he's still in the Infantry, he doesn't get into any fighting that time around, though. (It's Blitzkrieg and his unit is just following in the wake of the tanks rolling over France.)

Proper title is "In Storms of Steel" btw.
>>
>>9703635
this, based af
>>
>>9703609
Seconding this. The more ironic thing is that book actually encouraged German youth to enlist and fight for Wehrmacht.
>>
>>9703652
>Sweating Blood

thanks for the rec, mate
>>
A Farewell to Arms made me cry
>>
>>9703470
With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa. I don't know how this wasn't the first answer. It's real and good.
>>
File: 1498235890878.jpg (20KB, 225x257px) Image search: [Google]
1498235890878.jpg
20KB, 225x257px
>>9706065
>>
That I've read
>Farewell to Arms
>Iliad
>For Whom the Bell Tolls
>Slaughterhouse V
And I'm not sure if it counts but
>Gravity's Rainbow
>>
War & Peace, Alamut, The Worm Ouroboros, The Garden of Forking Paths, RotTK + Water Margin, that one Landsknecht's diary of the Thirty Years War.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.