[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best refutation of Death of the Author?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: SZHVtie.jpg (54KB, 372x527px) Image search: [Google]
SZHVtie.jpg
54KB, 372x527px
What's the best refutation of Death of the Author?
>>
File: lead_82079.png (534KB, 820x550px) Image search: [Google]
lead_82079.png
534KB, 820x550px
characters > critics
>>
The Author is Always Right by J.K.K. Rowlien
>>
>>9700199
Unironically DFW's "Greatly Exaggerated"
>>
Eh speech act theory and implied author
>>
>>9700224
Sounds interesting. What's a good overview or introduction on these subjects?
>>
None of the World's best literary critics don't buy into "death of the author" any more, try reading some Brian Boyd or Joseph Carroll.
>>
>>9700199
The Holy Quran.
>>
You're not going to find it on 4chan
>>
So I will point out for the sake of the thread that "Death of the author" implies that since texts are created within specific social milieus, and use the contingent conventions of those milieus, the person who compiles those texts cannot be considered to have authored them, just as a worker in an apple factory cannot be considered the creator of the iPhone. And neither can Steve Jobs for that matter since the necessary changes components were developed through the labor of others potentially stretching as far back as the mathematicians who developed calculus, and so on.
>>
>>9700469
actually pretty sure that's not death of the author but some other shit from early modernism
>>
>>9700259
Unironically this.
>>
>>9700259
damn
>>
>>9700483
Shit you might be right just googled it and apparently it's about not incorporating the authors biographical content into textual criticism? Well no shit Sherlock, most people have almost completely fictive memories.
>>
>>9700483
Also can you give me a hint where this idea comes from I've been assuming that is what was meant by death of the author for so long.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.