[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spicy Bible Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2483.png (309KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
2483.png
309KB, 642x361px
Have people read The Quran on /lit/? If so, how is it? I hear varying things about it from how beautiful and inspiring it is to how toxic and vitriolic it is.

I'm also curious: does the Quran preach peace like the calm Muslim followers say? If so, how come there's such fury and turbulence in the middle-east? Is it just that the book is open to a variety of interpretations, even violent ones? Genuinely don't know much about Islam but I'm curious to read about it.
>>
just a single bump because i was genuinely interested to see what people had to say
>>
It preaches both peace and war. It has something for everyone. Kind of necessary if you want to start a world religion.
>>
>>9699294
I wouldn't know but I'm curious too, please read it and make a review here

And don't forget the hadiths
>>
I never read it but I skimmed the wikipedia article and boy, it's gotta be the most boring thing I ever read.
>>
>>9699294
I genuinely love it. There are many historical contexts people ignore while reading it, and hence that leads to violence and turbulence. The middle-east was a wasteland ravaged by tribes when Islam came to be. In many ways, it still would be if there was no Islam. And, I suppose it still is turbulent, but Islam has little to do with it.

The writing is indeed sublime. As a non-Muslim, I've got no incentive to make you read it, so I'm being as objective as possible.

Yes, it says of Jihad. But people forget that 1400 years ago the world was different. Jihad isn't needed now. Not anymore. It was written for the Middle-East of then. Historical context matters a lot. Read this small passage and judge for yourself:

Whatever affliction befalls you is the result of what your own hands have done even though for many of your misdeeds He grants forgiveness. You cannot frustrate anything in earth and there is no protector or helper for you besides Allah. Among His signs are the ships which look like mountains upon the ocean. If He wants, He can cause the wind to become still and leave them motionless on their backs - surely in this example there are signs for every such person who patiently endures and is grateful. - Or He may cause them to drown in consequence of even a few of their misdeeds, though He forgives many of their misdeeds. Those who dispute about Our revelations should know that there is no escape for them. Whatever you are given is nothing but a provision for the transitory life of this world, better and ever lasting is the reward which Allah has for those who believe, put their trust in their Lord, avoid major sins and shameful deeds, forgive even when they are angry; answer the call of their Lord, establish Salah, conduct their affairs with mutual consultation, spend out of the sustenance which We have given them, and when they are oppressed, help and defend themselves. The recompense for an injury is an injury proportionate to it; but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation he shall be rewarded by Allah; He does not like the wrongdoers
>>
>>9699294
>>9699573

I just posted >>9699659. Thinking of posting more passages from it if you'd like.
>>
>>9699294

It shouldn't be the case, but if you start reading the Quran you'll be painted a muslim extremist sympathizer. It is legitimate literature but that's how uninformed public opinion is. I won't read it and be painted a psuedo-terrorist. Fuck that.
>>
>>9699665
Yes please, anon, very interested.

>>9699670
I suppose it depends who you're usually around with socially. If you're with a group of art students and hipsters they won't care much.
>>
>>9699721
Alright.

We summoned Moses to the mount of Tur for thirty nights and added ten more to complete the term of forty nights for communion with his Lord. (Before leaving) Moses asked his brother Haroon (Aaron): "You will be in my place among my people, set a good example and do not follow the way of mischief-makers."When Moses came to Our appointed place and his Lord spoke to him, he asked: "O my Lord! Give me power of sight to see You." He answered: "You cannot see Me. Look at the mountain; if it remains firm in its place then soon you might be able to see Me". When his Lord manifested His glory on the mountain, it turned into small pieces of fine dust and Moses fell down unconscious. When Moses recovered he said: "Glory be to You! Accept my repentance and I am the first of the believers." Allah said: "O Moses! I have chosen you from among mankind to deliver My message and to have conversation with Me: so take what I give you and be thankful."

Whatever you spend in charity or whatever vow you make, surely Allah knows it. The wrongdoers shall have no helpers. To give charity in public is good, but to give to the poor in private is better and will remove from you some of your sins. Allah is aware of your actions. O Prophet, you are not responsible for their guidance, it is Allah Who guides whom He pleases. Whatever wealth you spend in charity, it is to your own advantage; provided you give to seek the pleasure of Allah. Whatever wealth you spend for the sake of Allah, will be paid back to you in full, and you will not be wronged. Charity is for those needy people who are engaged so much in the cause of Allah that they cannot move about in the land to earn their livelihood: the ignorant think that they are wealthy on account of their modest behavior. You can recognize them by their look because they do not make insistent demands on people. Whatever you spend on them, surely Allah knows it.
>>
>>9699809
When you recite the Qur’an, We put a hidden barrier between you and those who do not believe in the hereafter. We cast a veil upon their hearts and make them hard of hearing, so they do not comprehend it. When in the Qur’an you mention His Oneness, they turn their backs in disgust. We are quite aware what they really wish to hear when they listen to you, and what they say when they converse in private. These wrongdoers say to one another: "The man you follow is surely bewitched" See what sort of examples they make up about you! They have surely gone astray and cannot find the Right Way. They say: "What! When we are reduced to bones and dust, shall we really be raised up again into a new creation?" Tell them: "(Yes, most certainly you shall be brought back to life), even if you be stones or iron or even something harder than this that you may think of." Then they will ask: "Who will restore us?" Say: "The One Who created you the first time." Then they will shake their heads at you and ask: "Well, when will this be?" Say, "It may be quite soon! It will be on the Day when He will call you and you will raise up in response to it, with His praise, and you will think that you remained in the state of death but a little while."
>>
>>9699659
>The middle-east was a wasteland ravaged by tribes when Islam came to be.

How so? It was dominated by two great empires that Muslim cultures would be greatly influenced by. And was increasing ties to Europe and the Far East. At least, I don't know what 'tribes' you might be talking about as only the Arabs were very tribal in organization.
>>
>does the Quran preach peace like the calm Muslim followers say?
This is a linguistic joke. The Quran exhorts you to murder and enslave non-believers. Arabic, like all Semitic languages, uses consonant clusters that hold a group of meanings. For example, the SLM cluster generally relates to "peace". All words in the SLM cluster relate to peace. As-salamu alaykum (often shortened as "salam") means "peace be upon you" for example. "Islam" itself means "Submission (to God)". A "Muslim" is "One who submits (To God)". In this sense, yeah, it's literally a religion of peace: The same peace a slave is at when they submit to their master ("Slave of God" is literally the meaning of the name "Abdulallah").

>If so, how come there's such fury and turbulence in the middle-east?
Because it commands you to kill non-believers. And a bunch of things completely unrelated to Islam, but Islam does play a part.

>Is it just that the book is open to a variety of interpretations, even violent ones?
All texts are open to many interpretations. The Quran however has a set interpretation: The one the Quran tells you to interpret it with. And it tells you to kill anyone who disagrees with that interpretation.

This of course just means that people interpret the way you're supposed to interpret which leads to people doing the whole "murder each other for being non-believers" thing. Add on to that the fact that huge portions of how you're actually supposed to interpret the Quran according to the Quran aren't even in the fucking Quran, which is hilariously poorly organized (By length of passage, not chronology), the entire clusterfuck that is the Hadith ("A said that B said that C said that D said that E said that F said that G said that Muhammed said..."), and the fact that God (through Muhammed) contradicts himself several times in the Quran and you're supposed to just do whatever the latest thing Muhammed said was.
>>
Most Muslims aren't Quranists, meaning they don't take the Quran at face value. There's Hadith literature that Muslims follow which are different for each sect. They either think Hadith literature is greater, equal, or lesser than the Quran. It's complicated stuff.
>>
I read the english translation and was severely dissapointed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.