[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kobo e-readers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: kobo-aura-h2o.jpg (41KB, 630x601px) Image search: [Google]
kobo-aura-h2o.jpg
41KB, 630x601px
So, I bought Kobo Aura H2O to replace my old Kindle 3, and frankly... I'm not entirely happy with it.

>native software frequently freezes when trying to browse large collections of books
>there is no progress bar at the bottom of page, you can only see percentage of the whole book, not for individual chapters
>books with multiple authors will only display the first author
>installed koreader to address these problems but its UI is very spartan and you cannot organize books into collections there
>apparently you can also use kepubs instead of epubs, which are supposed to offer some additional functionalities but I'm not sure I want to bother with them

Anybody experiencing similar problems and can offer advice? Are you using Koreader or the native software with all its flaws? I'm kinda glad I didn't buy the more expensive Aura One, since it probably has similar issues anyway.
>>
Why the fuck do you idiots by this shit? Just spend the 300 on a Tab A load it with books. Install Twilight to help with eye strain. Debloat it with package disabler or a root. I have a battery life of 3 weeks. I don't have eye strain issues. The thing is also a tablet that is 10 inches so if you are into comics or tabletop both of those pdfs and files look great on it.
>>
>>9698122
I'm not confined to my basement, so I need a screen that allows comfy reading under sunlight, plus I'm not 10 anymore so I couldn't give less of a shit about comics.
>>
>>9698134
I sit under very bright lights at work all night and can read fine. Twilight just removes blue it isn't anything that effects the ability to see in the sun.
>>
>>9698112
I can somewhat relate, but I really like koreader. I'm not sure what you mean by collections but you can move it's file system around however you want I think.
>>
>>9698139
Look, I don't want to turn this into tablets vs e-readers debate, but surely you must know that strong sunlight will turn the glossy screen of a tablet (or a phone for that matter) effectively into a mirror. This is not the same as reading indoors under a light. E-ink devices, on the other hand, feel just like paper under sunlight. I do also own a cheap tablet and use it sometimes to read in the bed at night but for outdoor reading it's a no no.
>>
>>9698152
>I'm not sure what you mean by collections
Think of it as shelves. I have my books autistically organized in Calibre by custom tags, like Biology, Science Fiction, Whatever. This can also be done on Kobo under original software but not with Koreader if I understand correctly.
>>
>>9698163
I'm not sure if you'll be able to use nickel for stuff after this but you can just make different folders with those names. Since you can browse the filetree you should be able to put the books anywhere. I was going to try this the other night.
>>
>>9698207
Was thinking the same but the problem arises when a book belongs to more than just one category. Anyway, I can live without collections, so this isn't exactly a deal breaker for me.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.