[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unable to enjoy books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: goeb colored.jpg (163KB, 860x1280px) Image search: [Google]
goeb colored.jpg
163KB, 860x1280px
So I previously read Atlas Shrugged. I didn't like it very much. Incidentally, I read Anthem and Fountainhead after that. I'm now reflecting upon the books that I've just read, and I realize that I'm unable to enjoy books, as in I can't pick a favorite or anything near a favorite.

I am able to think critically and analyze the deeper meaning within a novel, however I have never particularly enjoyed a novel. I could pick out a few novels that I don't like particularly but it just seems that I am indifferent on a majority of the novels that I read, as in I neither despise nor adore them.

I do not believe that this is a result of a lack of reading, as Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged were about 730 and 1150, respectively.

This same concept applies to movies and artwork. I just notice that nothing connects to me. Do keep in mind that I do actively intend to read more.

I spend a majority of my days on the internet or playing games. I don't particularly enjoy such, but I end up doing it. It is as if there is nothing that I truly enjoy, save for a few discussions that are never a reality as a result of my horrid speaking skills.

I have recently took a personality test that gave me 91% thinking over feeling and 86% introvert, if that helps with anything.

Once again, the question is in regards to me being indifferent to books and not truly appreciating them. Can you connect?

pic unrelated
>>
>>9697867
>reads overwrought bodice rippers
>a thinking man
read something else, like the sticky.
>>
>>9697879
what's this even mean
>>
Look into Anhedonia.
>>
Why force yourself to read if you don't like reading? Not everybody needs to do the same thing. Pic related hates reading and he's president.

Trying to enjoy reading by reading Ayn Rand might be part of your problem though.
>>
What you describe though, not enjoying most forms of entertainment, isn't a terribly unique experience, although some people might binge on netflix instead.

Internet browsing and games are comparatively low effort and ADD friendly.
>>
>>9697867
> have recently took a personality test that gave me 91% thinking over feeling and 86% introvert, if that helps with anything.

MBTI is a meme already depreciated by better models of personality like OCEAN and HEXACO. Take a MBTI test again in the week and there is a 50/50 shot it will say you have a different personality type. It's crap.
>>
>>9697933
I do not intend to sound similar to a "snob," but I want to gain knowledge. I notice a lot of individuals around me. I ask myself what the difference is between them and myself.

I am motivated by Nietzsche's quote that an introvert is either a "wild beast" or a "god." I believe that all those pleasure-seeking normies are wild beasts, but when I look at myself I realize that I am a wild beast as well. I want to be greater--to be a "god" in Nietzsche's words.
>>
>>9697942
Do not break the first and third commandments, homie.
>>
>>9697952
must be a troll
>>
>>9697942
If you try to live according to Nietzsche and Ayn fucking Rand you're going to live a very sort and unhappy life.
>>
I'm the same, I think we have the depression meme
>>
There's a book for everyone. You just haven't found it yet.
>>
Try reading Dumas.
>>
>>9698243
I think everyone on /lit/ does.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.