[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I guess I got memed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Is selling books on amazon supposed to be a complete joke or am I doing something wrong?

>200 offerings for every book at $0.01 per book
>$3.99 shipping, meaning your starting profit is $4
>subtract $1 for a shipping envelope.
>$3
>subtract $2.50-$3 for shipping depending on how heavy the book is (let's be generous and say $2
>$1 profit
but wait goyin, there's more
>"per item fee", $0.99
>"variable closing fee" $1.80
>"amazon referral fee" (just made up depending on how much your product is worth, higher your product is the more this will be) at minimum $1
>final profit = -3/4 dollars

So I'm supposed to lose like 3 dollars for every book I sell on AMAZON DOT COM.

Great deal!
Into the trash the books go!
>>
>>9697422
I mean, assuming you can create a profit for a penny book is retarded, but as to your shipping problems, if you had actual volume you can cut your shipping costs via contract.

source: i used to work for a vanity publisher, we used Pitney Bowes
>>
>>9697473

I'm not looking to be a permanent vendor I'm just an individual looking to get rid of some books. I only have around 60 books to sell. It's not so much profit I was looking for, I just want to get rid of the books, but I was hoping to sell them for something more than literally negative dollars.
And I'm assuming most of them will stay on the product page for quite a while before being purchased since there are so many sellers.

What your basically saying is amazon doesn't want sellers like me. The fees they are assessing on my products are prohibitive.

That's fine but they've also destroyed all the retail stores which 10 years ago I would have taken these books to. So when I throw them all in the garbage tomorrow I don't want to hear shit from anyone about how bad it is to throw away books, complain to amazon not me.
>>
>>9697488
>So when I throw them all in the garbage tomorrow
Is there a Salvation Army or other thrift store that would take them? It'd be better than trashing them, yeah?
>>
>>9697488
You would be better off bringing your books to flea markets and shit or a sale at a local church and charging 50 cents a piece.

or >>9697493 and get a blank receipt from salvation army, and claiming whatever the max donative is for the year, i think its like 1900 bucks. Then file it as a tax exemption

But again, if you wanted to wholesale books, you could call pitney bowes and lower your costs.
>>
>>9697488
take them to a local library/church/donation center you fool
>>
>>9697493

No I live in a small town and I don't have a car.
Sad day! It feels like I am breaking a taboo.
>>
>>9697488
go to a local bookstore, privately owned, like i fucking told you, and trade them in for some more expensive books. fuck sake.
>>
>>9697505
you should definitely donate to your local church for their summer yard sales, and then list the retail value as a tax deductible donation. Get a fuckin uber or taxi or some shit
>>
Why do people even sell their books?
>>
>>9697422
Books have a painfully low resale value. If you bring a third party into it, you were fucked from the start.
Amazon is for buying books.
Ebay is for selling them. Just put all the books into ebay for 3 +1.50 for shipping.
Or you can give them to libraries, charities, bookswaps, second hand shops, etc, etc, etc.
If you're train of thought goes from Amazon direct to trash, then you're probably not getting much out of them anyway.
>>
>>9697505
You live in a small town in the USA and do not have a car? My caricatural europoor impression of Americans tells me your constitution mandates that each citizen of adult age must own and use everyday a petrol-fueled vehicle, lest they should forfeit their right to eat hotdogs and watch fireworks on the fourth of July, n'est-ce pas?
>>
>>9697979

I have a car but it's broken down and very old.
I put the brake pads on wrong and rode it for 6 months until the rotors were grinded to dust.
>>
>>9699618
A-ha! I knew it. You may eat your star spangled burgers with pride, anon. Your resilience and obstinacy to succeed in spite of nature's adversity and your own stupidity truly make you the embodiment of the American dream. Somewhere, on a quiet desert evening, I can picture a lone bald eagle shedding a single tear at the sound of those screeching wheel hubs as they glowed away redder than a redneck's neck.
>>
>>9699618
>I put the brake pads on wrong

How the hell did you manage that? There's only one way brake pads can go on.
>>
>>9700065

Not sure, technically it wasn't me that fucked it up.
My brother in law put them in together I did the driver's side and he did the passenger side. and something with his side got fucked up.
Whenever you applied the brakes you'd hear this horrible screeching sound of metal-on-metal and the car would shake like when you run over those grooves they put on the side of the highway.
>>
>>9700080

It sounds like he forgot to put the spring clip back in
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.