[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4596.jpg (88KB, 749x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4596.jpg
88KB, 749x563px
Holy fuck
>>
File: Cwz1814-PriesdorffX1.jpg (147KB, 507x726px) Image search: [Google]
Cwz1814-PriesdorffX1.jpg
147KB, 507x726px
>tfw you see ttc threads, land threads, and now a girard thread
>tfw memed out from the previous thread
>tfw tfw tho

He's pretty neat all right. Underrated. If Love and War are things that humans do -
>what did napoleon mean by this?
then Girard is a guy to read and think about. How you choose to think time, death and God after Nietzsche gives you a lot of options. Phenomenology is a thing, Freudo-Marxism is a thing, schizoanalysis is a thing, things are things, and Girard is a thing also. The more you explore the cooler it all gets.

I might need to go and catch up on my Hegel for a bit, because Hegel and Girard are very similar. Eric Voegelin is a guy to check out as well for gnosticism and politics but Girard is pretty sweet.

I'll be back to shitpost more about Love and War and so on later, going to go back in the girardfag box for a while and re-meme myself.
>>
File: IMG_4595.png (266KB, 478x659px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4595.png
266KB, 478x659px
>>9696940
> Hegel and Girard are very similar

Really? Is it cuz they both lay down ontological frameworks for man and his condition in the world? Where do I start with Hegel?
>>
File: 51BSN0F1WSL.jpg (54KB, 345x475px) Image search: [Google]
51BSN0F1WSL.jpg
54KB, 345x475px
>>9696940
Not so similar ofc that Girard isn't going to say that the self-destructive logic of the duel is ultimately the thing in war, which is why he isn't a Hegelian. Because the moment leading up to the war is one thing, the war itself is another, the moment after the war is another and so on.

>but what about when there's three kingdoms rather than two tho
>well that is a good point inner self
>kek fuck you dude memes lmao
>you've made a fool of me again. clauswitz btfo
>really?
>nope

But what *is* the Moment anyways? An absence? A lack? A loss? WtP? All of the above?
>kys girardfag
>but if i do that you won't get to be a cyberwerewolf on the moon who devours the earth
>ok. but later kys
>the power of j-pete compels you
>reeeee or something

Three is a romance, two is a duel, and only a cynic or a naif - a one - would ever say ever say that all's fair in love and war. There's some fine crypto-shitposts.
>or are they just literal shitposts
>hmm
>i think they are
>yeah

Anyways. Capital, sex, death, love and war. The Girard Party Wagon* is into it. Back later.

*needs a better name
>>
>>9696976
>hegel/girard

They kinda-sorta are but kinda-sorta not. Pic related is a definite Not Hegel book. Girard is way more into Clauswitz: the central motif is not that of the lord and bondsman but the duel between twins. States behave more or less as individuals, and this isn't a literary or psychological thing but a necessary component of the order of battle and politics and so on. And whether it's the Franco-Prussian War or the Cold War it's the same thing. So "Hegel and Girard are similar" should be walked back a few steps.

But I tend to wig out thinking about subject-object and mimetics and so on, and for that Hegel *does* have a lot to say, especially in the PoS.
>which is a fucking hard read jesus murphy
And which I am frankly not all that well-read on and need to catch up with. Hegel is a guy I really haven't spent enough time with.
>and it's always a good time for a hegelizing

Esp since psychoanalysis, metaphysics, memes, &c.

>Where do I start with Hegel?
So better ask more serious Hegel-anons about that, I'm not the guy.

>but war and three kingdoms and memes and desire and capital and shit tho fuck yeah
>fuck yeah, inner self, fuck yeah
>will there be vampires
>there will always be vampires
>>
>>9696983
>>9697000

Can't tell if your neurologically impaired or just really really stupid
>>
File: IMG_3623.jpg (85KB, 275x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3623.jpg
85KB, 275x373px
>>9697000
Hey nigger
I like that you brought up Clausewitz
How do I into military theory?
Any other war monger worth googling?
>>
>>9697691
Both. Definitely both. And getting stupider all the time desu. Achieving maximal stupidity is my goal senpai. Help me get there. We can do this. I believe we can do this.

>>9697712
'Sup yo

How to into military theory? Pretty much everything Victor David Hanson writes is great, esp his stuff on the Greeks. Carnage and Culture is good. He's always good.

Other war-mongers...let's see.
-Sun Tzu obv
-Creasey's 15 Battles is classic
-Thayer Mahan on sea power is classic
-Napoleon's letters to himself is fun to read
-Chandler's Campaigns of Napoleon is great
-Jacob Burckhardt on ancient Greece is great
-Basically any good history of fascism will be enjoyable, Theweleit is good if you want psychology of fascism

War is generally just an interesting topic to think about and Clauswitz is the guy there. If you liked him you'll probably like Jomini as well.

https://archive.org/details/artwar00mendgoog
>>
File: 3918842.jpg (34KB, 318x474px) Image search: [Google]
3918842.jpg
34KB, 318x474px
>>9697738
>>9697712
Davis, not David.

Pic related if you're into naval stuff. See also Kaigun if you're *really* into Japanese naval strategy.
>tfw not that much into Japanese naval strategy, but maybe at some point

Martin Van Creveld will also be your boy, he's awesome. William McNeill's Pursuit of Power. John Keegan for WW2 stuff, Kagan for the Peloponnesian War. Thucydides obv. Lots more.
>>
>>9696976
>Where do I start with Hegel?
Hegel's section is towards the end of this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.