[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/, I have a big problem. I am able to comprehend basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: JPEG_20170503_142953.jpg (11KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
JPEG_20170503_142953.jpg
11KB, 128x128px
/lit/, I have a big problem.

I am able to comprehend basically everything I read, but no subsequent thoughts or opinions about what I read occur. How do I stop reading at the most facetious level?
>>
>>9695198
>the most facetious level?
>>
>>9695213
I'm drunk right now and I have no idea why I typed that. I meant to say face level.
>>
write a blog about it
>>
>>9695198
It's funny to hear someone hold up the idea that having an opinion on something you've read is necessary, as though what's important is your impressions. Maybe, just maybe, you have none because you didn't have any, or maybe you have such little understanding of people and yourself that you're only capable of compartmentalising information. Maybe you have no values, and so have no starting point to have an opinion. But you can surely take up the values and opinions of others to express so that you can seem to have an opinion. That would work. Or you could admit that you don't enjoy having thoughts because each feels linked in some causal chain that returns you to emotionally traumatic states that you've repressed. You could also pretend to care about a part of the book so as to practice expressing an opinion, and then, after you're settled in that position, you can spend a while doubting what you believed. Grownups do this kind of thing with their lives.
>>
Take notes. I use small sticky notes when the going gets rough.
>>
>>9695198
You need to start a dialogue with somebody. This is what is becoming more and more forgotten that you can't even begin to know your opinions on anything or even yourself for that matter unless you communicate and relate to others.
>>
I will respond to you all when I wake up. Too drunk to respond properly, but I read all your responses and have something to say. Appreciate the input.
>>
>>9695349

Amen. There is nothing more disturbing then losing your sense of self from the perceived need to be your own critic for every assertion or idea you read about. It's like you have to assume two ideological identities for every issue in order to reconcile the differences between the two to achieve a higher understanding, but the end result is you can't hold your own convictions.

Some people want to understand everything like an omnipotent AI, but we're just humans. We're not supposed to conduct ourselves like we can account for every piece of relevant information before making a decision
>>
>>9695349
>you can't even begin to know your opinions on anything or even yourself for that matter unless you communicate and relate to others
you can't get more feminine than this
>>
>>9695325
Reminder that literally no writer (good ones at least) did this.
>>
reading sober might help
>>
>>9695571
>no true scotsman durr
>>
>>9695198
i can't comprehend what you're talking about because everytime i think about something it goes through a filter and i think about it critically, news ( whats is their agenda ) etc etc its not always 100 percent switched on its basically goes up and down with my engagement level, when im reading books it mostly occurs during high points in the story with what i find significant meaning inrelation to the story or life, if you're not doing this maybe you have mental issues, you are not switched on, or you're reading some pretty braindead books, it must be hard that because most books from lit ive read are pretty lit senpai.
>>
>>9695420
agreed, Socrates.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.