[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Franz Kafka - Country Doctor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: woah.png (202KB, 257x390px) Image search: [Google]
woah.png
202KB, 257x390px
Have you read it? What is your interpretation? What do you think Kafka wanted to convey?
>>
>>9694549
It's my favorite Kafka story
I think it works on multiple levels. But to me it conveys a sense of helplessness, in which even someone trained to help fails. Struggling in a hopless battle, against unfair expectations. I think this is also reflected in the speed of the travels, while going he travels in mere moments, he is needed, he has a duty, on the way back it takes an eternity, he is deprived of everything. Failed at his job, stripped of his clothes, his maid taken and abused. Despite all that he knows it wasn't his fault, he merely responded to his duty and you can't fight inevitable death.
>>
>>9694564
Have you watched anime interpretation of it? It's called Inaka Isha and it's pretty good. And only 21 minutes long, check it out
>>
>>9694642
Yeah, I have. Amazing visuals, was very positively surprised by it when I watched it.
>>
Living in the country is tough, boring and depressing.
>>
Is this story completed at least?
>>
>>9694549
Probably my favorite of his. Although watching the movie (>>9694642
>>9694654) increased that.

I don't have any deep interpretation, sorry.
>>
>>9694793
Only his novels are ""unfinished"" and what the fuck does it matter anyway?
>>
I interpreted it as a stress dream.

Like >>9694564 said, the doctor is earnestly responding to a ridiculously cruel environment, almost as if the very world itself was preordained against him. He can't do anything that he can normally control. And yet the world expects him to carry out his duties normally, if not, hes to be punished. After all, he's only a doctor.
>>
no, only normies care about death, which leads them to deny it by ''saving'' people.
also, reminder that doctors are asseholes even in non-liberal societies, that doctors want to reanimate people (by claiming that it is for their own good, top lel), while doctors themselves do not want to be reanimated

doctors are exactly what is wrong with normies and their little fantasy of morality through compassion and claim of helping others by actually making their lives even more pathetic. Doctors are the pinnacle of normitude : they are hedonistic and have the means for this, while they feel good about themselves by believing they are good guys.
>>
>>9694907
Many of his short stories are also unfinished you fucking retard.
>>
>>9694932
Go home Tolstoi
>>
>>9694642
>anime

You wat
>>
>>9694974
Define unfinished
>>
>>9694932
you are a simpleton. Your squeeky clean washed brain is a hinderance on you and everyone who was unfortunate enough to take damage from reading your post. I hope more people see this post and ignore yours.
>>
>>9695058
He stopped writing them before giving them any kind of ending.

>inb4 they're supposed to be that way
read his diaries/notebooks
>>
>>9695050
Open your mind
>>
>>9694932
>REE WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE WANT WHAT I WANT
>>
>>9694932
>un-ironically uses the term normies.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.