[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bachelard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: wp_ss_20170629_0003.png (374KB, 499x770px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20170629_0003.png
374KB, 499x770px
Is this a worth and interesting read?
>>
>>9694529
Read Poetics of space instead.
>>
>>9694529
I like Bachelard quite a bit. When you read up on his larger outlook, there are things I wouldn't agree with, but I like his aesthetic / poetics musings. Not as like THE way to see things, but as more enjoyable and inspired than a lot of theory out there.

Poetics of Space is good. I like Poetics of Reverie, Psychoanalisis of Fire, and Air and Dreams. All might be worthwhile.

He's probably most useful if you're an artist. I feel like writers like him, who I do like... it's not that I see it like they're showing the "right" hermeneutics.... it's that they might have a more allusive approach to reality that is creatively useful. Like something that works in a stimulating feedback with what I'm working through myself, without my having to reduce anything I do to it.
>>
I'd rather read Heidegger, Husserl, Lefebvre and Merleau-Ponty first. Bachelard is just the trendy son of all of these.
>>
>>9694580
>it's not that I see it like they're *using the "right" hermeneutics

Correcting that.

But that sentence is key. Really appreciate a thinker where I feel like they're opening up things and their strange life rather than closing them down as if they're a mere plot device in some other hermeneutic narrative on Capital or Class or something.
>>
>>9694582
Why not all? (and I have use for those others)

It's not like the others riff on the same things exactly.

I'll reiterate that I think Bachelard is useful as like a toolset of interesting thoughts for an artist.
>>
>>9694582

poetics of reverie reads like absolutely none of those other philosophers.

OP: poetics of reverie is a great and prescient book. it doesn't require any expertise in philosophy and i think anyone who takes its problems seriously will really enjoy it. every chapter is great, especially the chapter on sleep and dreaming.
>>
http://www.michiganquarterlyreview.com/2013/09/the-poetics-of-reverie-2/
>>
File: WP_20170517_12_29_40_Pro.jpg (794KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170517_12_29_40_Pro.jpg
794KB, 2592x1456px
I did not expect thought out non-meme answers! Thanks!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.