[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Write your interior monologue in the style of James Joyce.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Jamesjoyce_tuohy-ohne.jpg (10KB, 179x219px) Image search: [Google]
Jamesjoyce_tuohy-ohne.jpg
10KB, 179x219px
ITT: Write your interior monologue in the style of James Joyce.
>>
>>9692892
i'm too much of a brainlet sorry
>>
Rec center: meat. Need to be strong. Socrates. Every man deserves.... Joyce. He too had this problem. Leopold Bloom in Ulysses when Daedalus is at the counter waiting for him. The early 20th century starting strength was on Poldy's and Joyce's bookcases, undoubtedly. Aurelius though is someone to keep in mind. "If you must exercise then brandish weights but immediately return to philosophy." That's Seneca. Cicero then made it clear that for a wise old age muscles aren't at all a priority.

I should reread Ulysses soon.
>>
>>9692892
Hmmmm i do like to fart beside the seasiiiide, oh i do like to fart beside the seeeeeaaaa!
>>
File: qwijibo.png (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
qwijibo.png
2KB, 125x125px
>>9692892

woojabajuy! A qwijjywujjy bujjy bajoo! Fwijjyhijjypijjygiddybiddyboo! :^DDD

-This is going to bee a nice bored someday, thought he
>>
Listen listen just listen stop! Listen just wait please please just listen wait I need to tell you something just wait just wait wait just wait please wait just please wait good! Thank you thank you wait thank you good good good just wait here wait here, just wait here I’ll be back I’ll be back back good. Okay I’m back I’ve got it it’s right here in my hands look look here it is okay now please take a seat seat okay? Good. Now listen you promised to listen listen please wait listen good thank you thank you thank you okay what I have to say is that no one listens no one no one at all not even you you’re just humouring me because you’re scared scared of what I don’t know no one ever told me no one ever explained anything to me it’s just expected that you know it all know it all know it all know it all wait wait where are you going just wait wait please stop stop stop!
>>
>>9693095
Good :-)
>>
BRRRAAAAAAPPP
>>
>>9692892
Flatulence
>>
File: 1494826353082.jpg (114KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
1494826353082.jpg
114KB, 500x645px
>>9692892
>Has an interior monologue.
>Tfw not enlightened.
>>
File: 1481453026583.jpg (58KB, 540x416px) Image search: [Google]
1481453026583.jpg
58KB, 540x416px
Ahh, steam games, so bored right now, never ending list of games. can't believe I bought this many games. Zero hours played, zero hours, zero hours, zero hours, ahh this looks fun. Time ticking. I don't really feel like playing games right now. I have all this anime to watch, tfw no gf to watch anime with. Hate myself. Going to hang from my ceiling fan.
>>
BRRAAAAP
>>
I'm not sure how precisely to go about this because I'm not sure if I'm more like Stephen or Bloom. I sometimes feel akin to both of them, sometimes to one or the other, sometimes to neither.
>>
Kiss me! Kiss me! You’ll do nothing wrong the sooner you kiss me! James! I need all of this! This hiding in the bastion has got me sick. I’d rather burn than see myself grow old with him, and this seems less likely the case with you. Do you not want a secret to hide? Something to keep us up at night, I say! Less than quicksilver the ideal, of course. I’m growing awfully tired. I’ll try not to suck my thumb, but I must ponder! What’s so great about India? Are they too busy flying kites to even notice we are gone? That must be it! The summoned serpents seem to be the only ones doing as they’re told, and that’s by way of flute! Am I inaudible to you James? Am I insane? Look at me James. Fetch me another poppy, one that is in full bloom.
>>
>>9694029
I have the same feeling.
I think I lean more towards stephen as a total rebellious spirit who scorns society, though my practicality as a person comes more into bloom when compassion is called for.

And also, to say "in the writing style of Joyce" is a rather nebulous idea, his style fluctuates like crazy constantly.
>>
>>9694034
you should write something new instead of reposting this.
>>
>>9694041
I'm incapable. I tried writing a very short story two years ago and it was absolutely awful. Haven't written a thing since.

Here it is. https://pastebin.com/Zne97Jri
>>
>write your thoughts stylistically like a genius who's arguably the master of stream of consciousness
>dunk stylistically like Jordan
>>
>>9694051
I've read worse.

Writing is a skill so it has to be practiced.
>>
The ram rod jam deep down squeeze out a swig of fartgas. Shall I wave a hand, no? Could I hit a blue ecig on the Almaeda Gardens?
What is the crux of my argument: another way to see the sunrise in the morning that I haven't sullied with my own eyes: another day another night: how can a woman and a man be like this style: where is the woods when the field lay bare: pop bang shot blind blank another time please: to weave a tenor of malice on the old men on the funeral procession: where has the world gone on the glittering glisten of glorious gorgon gangrene.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.