[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were his actions justified, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (579KB, 950x1077px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
579KB, 950x1077px
Were his actions justified, /lit/?
>>
>>9692274
No he was just a jealous cuck
>>
Absolutely.
>>
>>9692280
>tfw you fell for Milton's dumb fanfiction
>>
>>9692274
Whether justified or not, his disobedience towards Allah and his obedience to his own rationality, was what doomed him.
>>
>>9692274
hell ya
>>
my boi Satan did nothing wrong
God is obv. the bad guy in the story
>>
>>9692497
True, true. So I find you here complaining, Iblis.
>>
This might be the most difficult question ever asked on this board.
>>
>>9692475
Literally a god-tier protagonist whose plight has been unmatched in literature yet for 400+ years
>>
>>9692274
Yes. God knew everything that was gonna happen and did nothing, so his actions were justified
>>
>>9693796
Do what, curtail his free will? Then he would be a controlling God.
>>
>>9693831
angels don't have free will, heretic
>>
>>9692274
He did nothing wrong, just like Griffith.
>>
File: Satan REKT.png (194KB, 1732x805px) Image search: [Google]
Satan REKT.png
194KB, 1732x805px
>>
>>9693864
>[boilerplate apologetics.tl:dr]
>>
>>9693838
Only in the permanent choice of either following God or themselves.
>>
File: death-of-uzzah.jpg (73KB, 350x244px) Image search: [Google]
death-of-uzzah.jpg
73KB, 350x244px
>>9693831
>muh free will

Heaven forbid God should be controlling
>>
>>9692274
Yeah that's what he'll tell you, but you shouldn't believe him.
He is Satan after all.
>>
>>9692274
Satan's actions, like those of Eve and Adam, were necessary, but unjustified. They served God's purposes in bringing Adam and Eve toward a free, meaningful existence where their faith in and love for God and each other is striven for and earned, rather than a null state, even if that existence is painful and short.
If you want to read some academic opinions on Paradise Lost, Northrop Frye's "The Return of Eden" is an excellent resource, and, even though I disagree with almost everything he has to say, Stanley Fish's "Surprised by Sin" is pretty much required reading as a secondary source.
>>
>>9692274
I love the idea of Paradise Lost (and the most famous lone within it) but I'm having a bit of a hard time reading the actual poem. What should I do?
>>
>>9692274
>>9693864

But what if Satan said he was sorry?
>>
>>9694874
Stop being a brainlet and get an annotated copy to understand Miltons 2deep4u allusions
>>
>>9694874
Just read through it like prose you dummkopf
>>
>>9694937
Oh I have the Penguin Classics Cloth cover edition. It has a page before the start of the next book explaining what's going on in the poem but I feel like a pleb if I only read that. I can understand the poem for the most part but the conclusions I come to are sometimes a bit different from what that beginning page says.

I've only read the poem.half awake and hey lagged so that's probably why I'm having a hard time haha
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.