[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emil Cioran - Miserable, Romanian nihilist philosopher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Just watched the school of life vid on this guy and he sounds pretty interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMOM34XEi2k

Anyone read him/know of any decent English translations of his works?
>>
>it isn't worth the bother of killing yourself because you always kill yourself too late

>only optimists commit suicide, optimists who no longer succeed at being optimists. The others, having no reason to live, why would they have any reason to die.

>What do you do from morning to night? I endure myself.

Straddles that line between sincerity and edgelord.
>>
He seems pretty cool, I bet he would've liked rick and morty
>>
>>9689943

Kill yourself.
>>
>>9689891
I just read The Trouble With Being Born and I found it kind of annoying as I read it but a few days later I actually realised what the point was, at which point I was like ayyyyyyyyyyy

As far as I know all the English translations are done by the same guy, Richard Howard.

I read Susan Sontag's essay on him which helped to situate his work in context.
>>
>>9690016

but he'd kill himself too late. he's already made the post unfortunately
>>
>>9690020
>I just read The Trouble With Being Born and I found it kind of annoying as I read it but a few days later I actually realised what the point was, at which point I was like ayyyyyyyyyyy
what do you mean?
>>
Breviary of the Vanquished some of the most beatiful prose I've ever read, but I don't know if it's ever been translated to English.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.