[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All memes aside, what is your real opinion of Atlas Shrugged?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 662aras.jpg (57KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
662aras.jpg
57KB, 300x451px
All memes aside, what is your real opinion of Atlas Shrugged?

I'm a /lit/ newfag, and unlike most of the people on this board I'm actually not trying to bait. I genuinely want to know what you think.

I myself haven't read the book because everyone's told me its a meme.
>>
>>9689611

Why don't you just read the book and come up with your own opinion instead of blindly forging one based on the opinions of others?
>>
>>9689611
Decent book, great philosophy
>>
>>9689726
Because I'm a sheep, baa, baa
>>
>>9689611

Really boring capitalist fanfiction.
>>
>>9689611
I like some of the concepts in it, especially when you transpose Ayn Rands early life under communism against the books message.

I also don't even mind the speech about money/currency. A little long, yeah, but I like what it had to say. Again though, it's a matter of taste.

Overall, if you have time it's an interesting look into someones philosophy without being a direct lift of said philosophy, but it is very much a taste you either have or don't have.

Also, 'Who is John Galt' is one of my favorite bits of the philosophy, even if I don't like everything around it.
>>
>>9689611
If you GENUINELY want to know, you should have read one of the 1000+ threads on this book in the archive.

Now get lost.
>>
I don't get her culty following. I do think it's funny when objectivists suggest Ayn Rand should be mandatory reading in high school though.
>>
File: 1495671365653.png (298KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1495671365653.png
298KB, 612x612px
(((Ayn Rand)))
>>
It triggers leftists because Rand experienced communism fiest hand and plasms it perfectly on the book.
>>
>>9689611
It's shit and people who read Rand are abos who love slirppin their own watery shit when thirsty.
>>
>>9690697
atles strugled should not, but her theory of concepts may be one of the most educational things a scolar could learn
>>
I read it and the fountainhead to better make fun of one of my friends who loved Rand. Atlas Shrugged felt at best like a cheaply written Dan Brown tier mystery/action story with a philosophy very poorly shoehorned in. Not worth reading, and the radio speech is monotonous and out of place. I would actually recommend the Fountainhead if you want to try a hit of the Randjuice. It touches upon her ideas in a much less painful way, and the story is far better with more complete characters.
>>
>>9691524
this
>>
>>9689611
I read it few years ago. I didn't really like the prose or the characters or the plot. Finding out that Galt was just an actual guy was a letdown, and the lengthy speech at the end has no place in a novel, much less at its concluding moment. 2/5.
>>
GOAT
>>
File: IMG_0880.jpg (92KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0880.jpg
92KB, 604x453px
>>9693967
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.