[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /lit/ think of this man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Frantz_Fanon.jpg (32KB, 350x476px) Image search: [Google]
Frantz_Fanon.jpg
32KB, 350x476px
what does /lit/ think of this man?
>>
nothing since ive never heard of him
>>
>>9689471
Did he invent the traffic signal?
>>
>>9689471
Fanon is black
Guess what he talks about
>>
He lived what he wrote which is more than can be said of most political writers. I've been meaning to read his stuff but too busy with classics.
>>
>>9689471
that's clearly a nigger though
>>
>>9690366
>proving his point
>>
>>9689471
Not the worst négritude writer. At least he didn't venture into booga-booga poetry.
>>
>>9689471
James Baldwin is better.
>>
>>9689497
i never knew he was black until just right now.
>>
>>9690972
James Baldwin was a terrible speaker, much in the way of sensibility novel logic arguments. I have no high expectation of his novels. Frederick Douglas wasn't a terrible writer until his third edition of his auto, in which he became (reading the second to third edition) an old crotchedy black man right before my eyes.
>>
>>9691007
Artistry does not necessitate being a good speaker, nor even a logical one. Just look at Ezra Pound's ridiculous views, or Tolstoy's overbearing morality.

Go read his novels.
>>
>>9691026
No but I imagine they'd intertwine at some point. Usually they don't only when the person isn't practiced at all and is very awkward with it. James Baldwin gives speeches like he's very pleased and comfortable with them. This isn't sports. Speaking and reading run on a similar thread.

I probably will. I love being able to say I read more about negroids than they do.
>>
>>9689471
actually read a newspaper article on him. he seems interesting and I plan on reading The Wretched of the Earth, but I have a huge backlog already...
>>
>>9689471
Wretched of the Earth is a great book.

Even if you don't want to read the entire thing, I'd definitely recommend everyone read 'On Violence' the first chapter.
>>
>>9691026
>Ezra Pound's ridiculous views
Like what?
>>
>>9689471
Honestly, I'm not a big fan, Anon.
>>
>>9691007
I disagree about Baldwin being a terrible speaker, and what I've read from him has been great.
>>
>>9689471
If you want to discuss black literature then you should post on /mu/ or /co/, not /lit/
>>
>>9690366
Whoah, you actually read his books!
>>
File: 1494532844354.jpg (89KB, 662x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494532844354.jpg
89KB, 662x700px
>>9691325
/an/ or /sp/ are better fits
>>
>>9691007
>Frederick Douglas wasn't a terrible writer until his third edition of his auto

His first was his best. The third is stiff and stilted in parts, but still has some nice bits, e.g., the chapter where he tries to find his birthplace, visits the Lloyd estate, and meets Thomas Auld.
>>
>>9691467
Also the chapter where he meets Lucretia Auld's daughter is rather charming.
>>
Sonny's Blues is one of the greatest short stories ever written. His political writing bores.
>>
>>9691325
Wrong, a lot of us are woke on the race question.
>>
>>9691532
Wrong black guy
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.