[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gogol General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: url-1.jpg (60KB, 332x400px) Image search: [Google]
url-1.jpg
60KB, 332x400px
Aside from his short stories and Dead Souls, what else is there to read by this magnificent faggot?

Also, why wasn't Dead Souls completed? Shit's fucking Kafka-tier, lads.
>>
his drama. he is funny af
>>
>>9689370
gib recs, pls
>>
I only read his Petersburger novels(the overcoat; the nose), for which, I think, he is the most famous for. Also, in which way is Dead Souls Kafka-like? I wanted to start reading it soon-ish and am also very fond of Kafka.
>>
>>9689379
>Also, in which way is Dead Souls Kafka-like? I wanted to start reading it soon-ish and am also very fond of Kafka.

Only in that it's incomplete, not finished, missing a few slices, only half-baked. Get the picture, my good man?
>>
>>9689373
The Government Inspector and The Marriage are my favorite, but you should read all his stuff
>>
I know this is not the thread for it but I don't want to start another.

My question is, what are other good Russian books written during the cold war, not necessarily with a political theme, more about Russian society, their way of life? I'm reading Zinky Boys, it's a good book but I want something more than war.
>>
The Portrait is his best work. No one has read it, apparently, such a shame.
Literally the only story I have ever read to make me afraid.
>>
>>9689379
it reminds me a bit of the structure of The Trial in that the bulk of the novel is episodic and can nearly be swapped around in order without losing the narrative. it's also a bit absurd and the real meaning of it comes from something greater than just the literal text.
>>
>>9690415
Pls help
>>
not a fan but Taras Bulba is my fav among his works
>>
V I Y
I
Y
>>
>>9690415
Piss off, faggot
>>
>>9690420
THIS!
Also The Overcoat and The Nose
>>
>>9690420
The Portrait is GREAT. One of the best short stories I've read
>>
>>9689357
Read his short stories, they're better than his novels.

The Overcoat, The Nose, and Nevsky Prospekt are gold
>>
>>9691365
Nice reading comprehension, you dumb faggot. I asked what should I read aside from his short stories, which I have already read.
>>
>>9691012
Climb a wall of dicks you testicle fondler
>>
>>9690415
Some say he wanted to emulate Dante's Divine comedy, and that writing the second part, the one that should be the purgatory, drove him mad and burned the manuscript.
>>
>>9691413
I meant this for OP
>>9689357
>>
What are the best editions of his short stories?

Should I get two-volume Garnett edition?
>>
>>9691428
>translation
>>
>>9689357
He only has short stories and dead souls, unless you want to read some letters to his friends.
>>
>>9691492
/thread

Thank you. Everyone else ITT is a fucking faggot.
>>
>>9691428
Yeah. I've heard mixed reviews on the P&V. For Dead Souls get the edited Guerny translation.
>>
>>9690811
this, is comfy as hell too
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.