[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Books that had a profound effect at the age you read them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1672.jpg (37KB, 254x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1672.jpg
37KB, 254x392px
>>
>>9687375
How did this book profoundly effect you. Did you become a serial killer or Vice President of Mergers and Acquisitions?
>>
File: Where_the_red_fern_grows_1996.jpg (40KB, 306x442px) Image search: [Google]
Where_the_red_fern_grows_1996.jpg
40KB, 306x442px
>I was 11-12 years old
>>
>>9687387
It was the first book I read with a real clever and effective use of an unreliable narrator.
>>
>>9687375
It was a hot book during high school, people who read it back then were metalesque girls/guys who are now pretty normal people.

I still blame Bukowski for making me think being a loser was a cool thing to do.
>>
Read The stranger in a strange land as a teen. Accidentally reviewed one of it's chapters on sparknotes. Realised how deep it was and kept thinking about it.
>>
my...
>>
Probably Dune. Made drugs, politics, and environmentalism seem cool.
>>
Demian
got me out of my 'if I'm going to be a poet I have to be a drunken doped up degenerate like Rimbaud' phase.
>>
File: Once_future_king_cover.jpg (19KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
Once_future_king_cover.jpg
19KB, 220x330px
>T H White - The Once And Future King - 11 years old
Not only the best introduction to Le Mort d'Arthur and Malory, but it was my first introduction to philosophy and ethics.
>>
File: barth.jpg (25KB, 314x475px) Image search: [Google]
barth.jpg
25KB, 314x475px
these 2, especially end of the road though, related to the protagonist and the discursiveness I think, read it 3 or 4 times in a row back in high school. Was also like I was getting to know my dad because he was the one who told me to read them. Good times in retrospect.
>>
I read The Callahan Chronicles when I was too young to even understand lots of it, but it really took me
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.