[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good writing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: thinkingface.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinkingface.png
53KB, 256x256px
>And who but one--and that one he who, but for those who crowded round him then, had never met a look of kindness, or known a word of pity--could tell what agony of mind, what blighted thoughts, what unavailing sorrow, were involved in that sad parting?

>‘See,’ cried Nicholas eagerly, as he looked from the coach window, ‘they are at the corner of the lane still! And now there’s Kate, poor Kate, whom you said you couldn’t bear to say goodbye to, waving her handkerchief. Don’t go without one gesture of farewell to Kate!’

>‘I cannot make it!’ cried his trembling companion, falling back in his seat and covering his eyes. ‘Do you see her now? Is she there still?’
>>
>>9687144
no
>>
Reads like something a Victorian would write if he was paid by the word.
>>
>>9687144
Eh, not his best, no.
>>
It's not bad, but it's not particularly good for Dickens, either.
>>
>>9687144

The characters speak like they're in a play.

The first line took three readings to fully decipher, due to having a clause within a list within a sentence.

>And who but one--and that one he who

This is particularly disruptive and unnatural. Once you remove the interrupting clause:

and that one he who... had never met a look of kindness

Is grammatically incorrect in some way, unless this maze has thrown me off.
>>
>>9687144
LOL

nah
>>
>>9687144
No
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.