[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (996KB, 5635x3565px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
996KB, 5635x3565px
So /lit/ I'm taking a month off from work, and I won't have shit to do.

I thought I could spend some time reading something, or learning about some specific topic.

What is the most patrician thing I could spend my time on? I considered buying Lingua Latina by Hans Orberg and finally learning some latin.

What would you advice me to do during this month?
>>
Try Ulysses.
>>
Read about aesthetics and the philosophy of art. Stick with the germans: Baumgarten, Lessing, Kant, Hegel, Benjamin, Heidegger, etc.
>>
>>9686842
I was thinking of something more fundamental actually.
>>9686844
That might be more interesting. Any other authors that you'd recommend? Preferably not german ones.
>>
>>9686954

well Baumgarten in his Aesthetica coined the term aesthetics as we know it today, the only noteworthy americans are people like Goodman or Dewey but they are post-modernist, Duchamp-style theorist, which suck imo. If you want patrician aesthetics I think you have to Stick with the germans
>>
Collect butterflies.
>>
>>9686998
I'll look them up then. Thanks.
>>
>>9686819
i wondered do people just use patrician as a buzzword? but no op is thinking about taking 4 weeks off work to read latin?

life is fucking short op don't waste it on that bullshit.

go talk to girls or atleast travel somewhere even if its only 50 kilometers. Do something. exercise?
>>
>>9687670
Yeah. /lit/ definitely doesn't read.
>>
>>9687670

You can do all of them.

OP you will not learn much Latin in 4 weeks even if you spend all of your time on it, so unless you think you're going to keep up with it I'd say give it a pass.

Read as many of Shakespeare's plays as you can, how about.
>>
>>9686819
Read Jung and start lifting.
>>
>>9687670
It's not a waste of time if it's what he wants to do. What makes traveling any better?
>>
Don't waste your time reading like a faggot. Learn to trade the stock market or something. Get that pussy my nigga
>>
Ugh men really shouldn't go barefoot. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>9688287
I've considered Shakespeare. Do you actually think spending time on him is better than learning latin? I'm asking unironically.
>>
>>9689724
You could read every Shakespeare play in 4 weeks, but you wouldn't get very far with Latin. If you plan to continue learning Latin afterwards -- for years -- then it is worth it and you could get a good initial jump into it in 4 weeks. If you don't think you will continue it would be a waste of time.
>>
>>9689950
I do intend to continue learning latin, and I've taken latin in an introductory course. Is it more worth it in this case?
>>
bump

I'm taking a month off as well.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.