[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Who here ADHD? How do you manage reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1377.gif (1MB, 161x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1377.gif
1MB, 161x190px
>Who here ADHD?

How do you manage reading?
>>
E-reader. I say this everytime, but there's something about only having to focus on 200 words, or whatever at a time makes it a lot easier.
>>
Turn on music. Do it when your bored aka at work.
>>
I honestly struggle. I want to read. But then when I start reading I want to game, when I game I can't decide what to play and go back to shit posting, after that I watch TV.
>>
Medication. Can't read without medication.
>>
>>9686799
Fuck off. E-reader doesn't fix your brain.
>>
>>9686821
Fuck you. I have ADHD and depression and e-reader made me able to read again after years of hating myself for not being able to read, so suck my fat dick.
>>
>>9686796
Spend less time browsing the web and watching TV. It fucks up your mind.
>>
I agree with e-reader bro. The amount of text on 1 Kindle page somehow works for me.
>>
>>9686818

What do you take anon?
>>
>>9686818
>>9686796
MEDITATION ***
seriously put on Sam harris' 30 minute mindfulness audio. You won't regret it
-ADHD reader
>>
>>9686796
kindle and fidget spinner
>>
>Who here ADHD?
>How do you manage reading?

Cut down on sugars, caffeine, carbs. Eat more vegetables, meat and drink more water. Go to bed at a reasonable time for 8 hours or so. Remove distractions around you like TV and videogames (and definitely no computer). Meditate, exercise, develop self discipline.

ADHD is basically "nobody taught me self discipline" its a total meme condition that anyone can overcome with enough willpower.
>>
>>9688737

I dont understand these "fidget spinners" what do they do? They just spin? Wheres the fun in that?
>>
>>9688760
I balanced one on my dick and it felt pretty good tbqh
>>
>>9686796
Everyone has a vice they'd like to cut back on. Ask yourself what would you like to cut out of your daily routine?
Every time you go to do that thing, pick up a book and start reading.
>>
>>9686796
I've always thought reading was easier than stuff like tv and videos. You are doing something - you actually have to put forth effort to read - compared to just looking at a tv screen. Comics and manga feel like a bit much though, with all the pictures taking up the pages. My brother was the opposite, so I feel like it's not a common opinion/ trait.
>any similar experiences?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.