[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bible as Literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1670.jpg (31KB, 275x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1670.jpg
31KB, 275x344px
>A good tree cannot bring bag fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. >Where by their fruits ye shall know them.

The Bible goes hard sometimes
>>
>>9685579
I mean is it really this book and it's teachings or the human fetish for ideology?
>>
>>9685579
>bag fruit
These modern translations are such shit.
>>
[Press F to Praise Him]
>>
Matthew 6:25-27
>25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

Proverbs 4:23
>Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
>3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 a time to cast away stones,
and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Numbers 6:24-26
>24 The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; 26 the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
>>
File: lattimore_newtestam3nt.jpg (255KB, 988x960px) Image search: [Google]
lattimore_newtestam3nt.jpg
255KB, 988x960px
read pic related instead
>>
>>9685775
F
>>
File: IMG_4223.jpg (109KB, 788x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4223.jpg
109KB, 788x599px
>>9686028
Looked it up

Can u present a case for it good sir
>>
>>9686122
Somewhere around John 11 (the lines aren't numbered):

When Mary came to where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell at his feet, saying to him: Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. When Jesus saw her weeping, and saw the Jews who had come with her weeping, he raged at his own spirit, and harrowed himself, and said: Where have you laid him?

Luke:

Then Mary said: My soul exalts the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my savior, because he cast down his eyes to the low estate of his slave girl. Behold, after now all the generations will bless me; because the mighty one has done great things for me, and his name is holy; and his mercy is for generations and generations, for those who fear him. He has taken power into his arm, and scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. He has pulled down the dynasts from their thrones, and raised up the humble; he has filled the hungry with good things, and sent the rich away empty. He has reached out his hand to Israel his servant, through the memory of mercy; as he said to our fathers, to Abraham and his seed forever.

Lattimore's Homeric diction is absolutely unique among biblical translations. Though he was no biblical scholar his version is probably closest to the NRSV which is known to be highly regarded for its accuracy. The gospels and revelations are especially powerful.
>>
What did he mean by this?

If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.

Should I be taking advantage of christians?
>>
>>9687554
>Should I be taking advantage of christians?
You already are. Should you, now that is another question.
>>
File: nooo.png (257KB, 591x716px) Image search: [Google]
nooo.png
257KB, 591x716px
Exxlesiastes 4:2-3
>And I thought the dead, who have already died, more fortunate than the living, who are still alive; but better than both is the one who has not yet been, and has not seen the evil deeds that are done under the sun.
>>
Define "good" and "corrupt" in regards to dendrology
>>
I wonder how much love god has for lucifer? To have him rule over earth x amount of years as king to end with his fall into a hell scape is still a GIFT for a devil.
>>
>>9685775
F
>>
File: jesus-and-peter.jpg (428KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-and-peter.jpg
428KB, 1024x768px
>Then many of his disciples who were listening said, “This saying is hard; who can accept it?” Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, “Does this shock you? What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But there are some of you who do not believe.” Jesus knew from the beginning the ones who would not believe and the one who would betray him. And he said, “For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father.”

>As a result of this, many of his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him. Jesus then said to the Twelve, “Do you also want to leave?” Simon Peter answered him, “Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of God.”

Basically Jesus says that if you don't accept his teachings, even the difficult ones, you can fuck off.
>>
Is the NRSV (particularly the NOAB) a /lit/ approved translation of The Bible?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.