[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a Writer Like Bukowski Be Published in the Current Societal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: b-lx-rupi-kaur3.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
b-lx-rupi-kaur3.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
Do you think there could be a 21st Century Bukowski? Or do we have to wait until New Sincerity kicks in?

>pic unrelated
>>
bukowski's still popular. he's very much like picrelated, it's still chicks buying him.
>>
>>9685546
>Or do we have to wait until New Sincerity kicks in?
Anon, I...
>>
>>9685552
I see nothing in common.
>>
>>9685553
I mean if she is being published I do not think New Sincerity is anywhere.
>>
>>9685562
That's what I meant. It's never coming
>>
>>9685546
>>9685562
You fools, this kind of trash precisely is new sincerity
>>
File: New Sincerity.jpg (387KB, 700x934px) Image search: [Google]
New Sincerity.jpg
387KB, 700x934px
>>9685641
Oh shit you might be right about that
>>
>enters thread to ask anons to kindly stop posting Ms. can't poo in the loos face
>sees more talk about new sincerity
Ain't happening, kids. Get over it.
>>
File: poet.jpg (93KB, 650x330px) Image search: [Google]
poet.jpg
93KB, 650x330px
>Today, we seem effectively to be at the opposite point from the ideology of the 1960s: the mottos of spontaneity, creative self-expression, and so on, are taken over by the System; in other words, the old logic of the system reproducing itself through repressing and rigidly channeling the subject’s spontaneous impetuses is left behind. Nonalienated spontaneity, self-expression, self-realization, they all directly serve the system, which is why pitiless self-censorship is a sine qua non of emancipatory politics. Especially in the domain of poetic art, this means that one should totally reject any attitude of self-expression, of displaying one’s intimate turmoil, desires, and dreams. True art has nothing whatsoever to do with disgusting emotional exhibitionism—insofar as the standard notion of “poetic spirit” is the ability to display one’s intimate turmoil, what Vladimir Mayakovski said about himself with regard to his turn from personal poetry to political propaganda in verses (“I had to step on the throat of my muse”) is the constitutive gesture of a true poet. If there is a thing that provokes disgust in a true poet, it is the scene of a close friend opening up his heart, spilling out all the dirt of his inner life.
—Žižek "Neighbors and Other Monsters"
>>
>>9685546
Yes, pretty much all shitty contemporary instagram poets are just like bukowski.
Funnily enough, Savannah is like Bukowski, but slightly better at times.
>>
Bukowski is, for the most part, unreadable trash.
>>
>>9685557
they're both books for chicks who wished they got laid despite being fat. find a girl with those and henry miller who is thin and i'll guarantee you she's had her stomach stapled.
>>
File: henbit-commonnettle.png (587KB, 398x1062px) Image search: [Google]
henbit-commonnettle.png
587KB, 398x1062px
>>9685546
>Do you think there could be a 21st Century Bukowski?
long answer is bukowski is the 21st century bukowksi. young people eat that shit up.

short answer is i sure hope not
>>
>>9685546
>in the Current Societal Ferment

t. pseud
>>
>>9685546
Damn Ripi Kaur look like that?
>>
She's that thot , that posted that period picture on Instagram and is all about patriarchy this and that , no wonder her poems

Make
Me feel like
A poet myself
For typing this way
>>
File: IMG_2712.jpg (2MB, 2962x2936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2712.jpg
2MB, 2962x2936px
I have a friend who idolizes bukowski and aspires to be like him. The only problem is that he's stopped writing after receiving and huge sum of money after his dad passed away last year. All he does now is take drugs and blow money on Japanese video games while he "talks" about what a good writer he is.
>>
modern literary culture is a direct result of writers like bukowski
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.