[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good books on European history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: map-eu-1852.jpg (1MB, 2000x1666px) Image search: [Google]
map-eu-1852.jpg
1MB, 2000x1666px
I'm looking for books on European history that don't preach to me about how it's bad to only care about the history of Europe.
>>
>>9682588
The Penguin History of Europe (pic related included)
After the Ice by Mithen
anything on Greece by Kagan
SPQR by Mary Beard
vanished kingdoms by Norman Davies
History of the English Speaking Peoples by Churchill
Richard Evans history of the third reich
Sword and the Shield: The Mitrokhin Archive and the Secret History of the KGB is a great soviet secret history.

Of course you would be better seeking out primary sources.
>>
The Q'uran
The Qu'ran
The Qur'an
The Qura'n
The Quran
The Koran
>>
>>9682604
he said history, not future
>>
>>9682629
>Implying those aren't the same thing
>>
>>9682636
But the fiture is only history in future II
>>
>>9682588
>>9682599
I've been looking for some works on the average life of people in the dark ages. Can someone recommend me something like that?
>>
>>9682588

If you are just wanting a very broad overview you could read Will Durant's Story of Civilization.
11 volumes of Western Civ ending with Napoleon.
He was going to keep going but he died.
>>
>>9683393
>He was going to keep going but he died.

How poetic
>>
>>9683418

To be honest it was actually unironically literally poetic.

He and his wife worked on the series for most of their lives up to their advanced age.
He had to go to the hospital to recover from something and his wife stopped eating without him and died. His kids tried to keep it a secret from him b/c they knew he couldn't take it but he found out about it on the evening news and died the next day.
>>
>>9683187
We probably don't really know since there are no written documents hence the name dark ages
>>
File: 9780143117421.jpg (48KB, 293x450px) Image search: [Google]
9780143117421.jpg
48KB, 293x450px
>>9683187
see
>>9682588
>The Penguin History of Europe
>>
>>9682604
thread
>>
>>9682588
>that don't preach to me about how it's bad to only care about the history of Europe.
I'd like to live life without hearing how i'm an evil white man and all the other shit that flows out the mouths of "minorities". On a global scale people of European blood are the actual minority and it should be recognised so as we are living in a globalised world.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.