[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What book had the most beautiful prose you've ever read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2657.jpg (152KB, 1230x820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2657.jpg
152KB, 1230x820px
What book had the most beautiful prose you've ever read?
>>
>>9681101
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket
>>
>>9681101
The Waves to be honest
>>
Mason & Dixon or Dubliners
>>
>>9681119

The Dead has the greatest closing line in the history of literature and I'm willing to die on this hill.
>>
>>9681139
>t. woman or librel
>>
>>9681150
De-exist yourself immediately.
>>
>tfw the attempt to make good prose is failed attempt at recapturing the beauty of music, the greatest "prose" is not even close to the most beautiful music, and music is the superior art form in every way, as literature is only an inferior form of music but tainted with pseudo-philosophical ideas
>>
>>9681177

There isn't a song in the world that makes me feel the way the opening lines of Moby Dick makes me feel. B8 harder.
>>
>>9681181
You need to both read more and listen to more music, you absolute pleb
>>
>>9681160
I agree with what he's getting at. The Dead is very good, solid, but the play it gets on here is both funny and strange. What, did that worthless heeb Bloom say it was the best writing ever or something? Is that why so many here regurgitate the sentiment?
>>
>>9681200

No, I posted it because it's a fucking beautiful piece of writing, you goober.
>>
It's not in English, that's for sure
>>
>>9681190

Lazy contrarianism killed /lit/. I fucking hate what this board has become.
>>
>>9681101
Moby Dick
>>
>>9681219
Nah, you've been brainwashed by academia, you stupid bluepilled drone.

Try to think for yourself a while, and take the redpill
>>
>>9681232
see >>9681225
>>
whale peniis

herman goering
>>
>>9681101
The Iliad never gets old.
>>
Julien Gracq: Au Chateau d'Argol
>>
Borges and Whitman. Nah just Whitman.
>>
>>9683283
Nah, JUST
>>
File: c942f43fb6e09be99f7fb2d22498e71e.jpg (453KB, 2988x2538px) Image search: [Google]
c942f43fb6e09be99f7fb2d22498e71e.jpg
453KB, 2988x2538px
>>9682900

I've only read The Opposing Shore myself in an English translation but the prose was still top-notch.
>>
>>9681101
A tie between Ulysses and Oscar Wilde's works.

>tfw I can't read a book unless it has half decent prose
Sucks, tbqh.
>>
>>9681101
god isn't great by hitchens
he's a hell of a writer
>>
I love Mishima's prose of the Sea of Fertility. Is this autism?
>inb4 translation
>>
>>9683283
>Whitman
>Prose
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.